“great hotel with great location”
Review of Hotel CasAntica

Hotel CasAntica
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Oaxaca
Ghent, Belgium
“great hotel with great location”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Very clean and well kept hotel. Also very friendly staff. But book your trip not in the hotel, but somewhere else. We have paid too much.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Somerset
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Stayed here two nights in February. Situated in a lovely old building with internal courtyards. Rooms rustic but perfectly adequate, although because of the construction could be a bit echoey, but no traffic noise. Free wi-fi (worked most of the time) and cheap internet cafe across the street. Front desk staff helpful. On site restaurant, but loads of others nearby, particularly round the Zocalo and on the pedestrianised street going up to Santo Domingo. Great location - one block from the Zocalo and within a 5 minute walk of everything worth seeing in Oaxaca and a 20 minute bus ride of Monte Alban.
Recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank martyngs
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 1 week and thoroughly enjoyed both the hotel and the location at only about 1 1/2 blocks from centro. Our room was very quiet as appears to be the case with all of the rooms.

Wireless internet in our room was consistently good. The included breakfasts had options that should please anyone.

The location is within convenient walking distance of everything in centro.

We enjoyed the large block that includes "Santo Domingo" church, museum (not open Mondays) and the botanical garden (tours in English 3 days / week at 11 AM), plus the Italian restaurant immediately west of the church.

Monte Alban was excellent .

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
CIUDAD DE MEXICO
Reviewed January 11, 2011

I stayed in two rooms, I had reserved without seeing the room (Internet only). The room of the first night ("cheaper" price, one bed) was very small, smelled of humidity, the painting was falling, the bath had mould and you can ear the drainage of the above rooms, when I arrive at the hotel at night, I saw the room and I requested a change of room, they indicated that there was no another room available for that night, nor for the following night, although, after having dinner I requested the change again to another person, who indicated to me that if there were a free room for the second night!!!!, well, I paid the difference and the room was reserved, no wifi in the room. Bad room and bad attention… The room of the second night (more expensive, with two beds) was in good conditions but expensive and you can ear the persons of the next room (by connecting door). The "hostel" has very pretty reception and corridors, but the price is not in agreement with the quality of the rooms, considering this it´s very expensive.

The greater misfortune was to forget two jackets, one very expensive, my fault, but, I called the same day to ask that they sent them to me, but they informed that there wasn´t a report of lost objects, they asked to me to call the following day to be able to ask the cleaning personnel, I called the following day, by morning, and they only informed to me that the cleaning personnel indicated that they only find a hat (I didn´t had a hat!!!), I asked to speak with the manager but the personal indicated to me that he was not, and ask me to call by afternoon…

The personal never requested some telephone to call me and they was very indifferent on the matter. The "hostal" is a true deception.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EDROVS
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed January 4, 2011

This hotel is one of the nicest I stayed in during my Mexico trip. It is located only a few blocks from the bustling (read: noisy) Zocalo - however, my room was in the back of the hotel and was very quiet. The room was big - I had two double beds for myself - and dark - which is fine for me as I'm used to a dark bedroom. There was only one small window (+ another window in the bathroom) but I didn't have the feeling that there wasn't enough air. The beds were good (I tried both) and I also liked the shower - generally the water pressure in Mexico is not very strong but it was fine in CasAntica (I stayed in other hotels where the water was only 'dripping' from the shower head). There's a (rather small) swimming pool in the hotel which I think is quite uncommon in the historical centre of Oaxaca. Next to my room was a fountain which I asked to have switched off at night. Breakfast was included in the price of the room and there was a choice between four different dishes. I only tried the toast though (the other breakfast dishes sounded quite heavy). On the last day/night I had to go to the lobby to get toilet paper - the toilet roll was almost empty the day/night before and wasn't changed by housekeeping.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We enjoyed our stay during the Day of the Dead festivities. The staff was consistently gracious and helpful. The rates were reasonable. The room was a bit small, but the building was stylish and beautiful. It was easy to access all the events and areas we were interested in exploring. We would stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaronLarson
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Gorgeous but quaint hotel in heart of Oaxaca City. Firendly and courteous staff who helped direct our shopping and sight seeing. Very clean and calm surroundings. Very close to zolalo (town center) and great shopping but also private, so little street noise. Excellent restaurant. Reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2010