“What are they talking about”
Review of Ke-Ken - CLOSED

Ke-Ken
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We went here and thought what a disappointment. If you are hungry for cheap food, this is the place for you otherwise skip it.

There are newer reviews for Ke-Ken

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Ke-Ken is one of the sweet Oaxacano comida restuaruants, meaning that it serves a prix-fix meal for what Americans would call lunch every day. And the comedia is great.
This is a tiny spot on Pino Suarez, so small that you might miss it. The owner was a chef at a yacht club in California before he came home to Oaxaca, and the food ususally proves his skills. After eating many meals there, I recommend the pulled pork (may have another name). It's the best I've ever had. All the food is good, inexpensive, and feels very local with a tiny touch of class.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here often. It is quite small - seating perhaps 16 people. I find the chairs really uncomfortable. Yet the food is quite good. Nice variety and always a few old favorites. We usually have the comida of the day. On Wednesdays he is serving Indian food and doing a fairly good job of it. Still needs work.
Especially like the soups.
I think the portions could be a little more generous. The wait staff is very pleasant. The chef speaks excellent english

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This restaurant is wonderful. So far, we've eaten here 6 times. We've sampled a variety of different main meals-- All the main courses have been delicious. We haven't tried all the desserts. After our first taste of the flan, we just can't imagine anything better. It's amazing.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Ke-Ken was recommended by a fellow Spanish student who stayed a few doors from their restaurant and I'm glad she recommended this restaurant. I ate here 3 times during my stay in Oaxaca. The daily special is reasonably priced at around $5 and is very filling and satisfying. Tried a burger from their place which was quite good also. I ate at a few higher priced restaurants and this one, in my opinion, is just as good for a third to half the price. The place is smaller and the service is exceptional. They take very good care of you. I am glad to see they have made it on to Trip Advisor. Would definitely recommend visiting this place and I plan to eat here again when I return to Oaxaca.