“Terrific Food/Terrific Price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Austin, Texas
“Terrific Food/Terrific Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I recently spent a week in Oaxaca, Mexico, and found Keken close to my hotel. The owner spent 12 year in San Francisco, US, and came back to his home (Mexico) and Oaxaca to learn about cooking Oaxacan' style. Every meal I had there---talapia, chile relleno, stuffed chicken, pulled pork tacos----exceeded by expectation and the price was so affordable. Check it out!
Pino Suarez 806 Centro, Oaxaca

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Best cochinita torta I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My review is short since I only ate here once. However this one time is all I needed! I had a torta de cochinita pibil. It was so goood I would fly back to Oaxaca if I had the money :p they also had agua de tamarindo! Honestly one of the best ones I've tasted and it was all natural tamarindo water! It's a small place but everyone that goes there is super down to earth and nice!!! Don't miss out! Oh and also, I only paid like 6 dollars for my food!

• Visited June 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, California
“A nice surprise, good value and tasty too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The owner spent 21 years cooking in Marin county, California, just north of San Francisco. English of course spoken as a native of the USA. Small, cozy, friendly and absolutely clean.
His fixed menu at 48 Pesos is a culinary bargain. the four meals we had in two visits were all great.
Clean limitless liquid refreshment (fruit based), good soup, a main course, and dessert for 48 pesos! He specializes in an Oaxacan pork dish something like pulled pork. I had this and the smoked pork chuleta. Chilles rellanos stuffed with goodies and a Milanesa both pleased my companion. No alcohol here. Pino Suarez #511 close to a very nice park. 951 236 7356. Almost never do I go twice as I like to find new. Two visits to this place however, Both well worth it. Closed Sundays. Open to 8:30-6 M-F and 9-5 Saturday.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank JimTheSailor
Millerton, New York
“Professionally prepared food and great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Ke-Ken is located a few doors from the Lending Library which is a great location for a quick lunch. While the restaurant has only been open for 3 months, it is easily managed by Noe and Fatima. Noe is an American trained chef, working for over 20 years in the US, who recently returned to Oaxaca to marry his sweetheart, Fatima. They offer tortas, tacos and a comida corrida, which is very delicious and reasonably priced at 50-70 pesos. The first time I visited I had Red Snapper with a VeraCruz sauce which was delicious. The dessert that day was a mango flan with chocolate glaze. OMG! Delicious. My lunch mate was a vegan and Noe put a beautiful taco to meet her dietary requirements. The meals are delicious and beautifully presented. You can easily see that this restaurant is managed by a professional chef. I am looking forward to my return trip to Oaxaca to visit Ke-Ken again. They are open from 9-6, Monday thru Saturday.

• Visited March 2013