“Great change of pace”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The food is terrific, the staff is charming and welcoming, and you can have a great meal here when you are not in the mood for a big production. Huge, delicious sandwiches and good tapas -- recommend the one with goat cheese and apple. I left wishing I knew a so called deli like this in New York.

There are newer reviews for Gourmand

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Another night when, after a large meal in the early afternoon, we weren't really hungry but wanted a little something without a big production. Splitting a salad (large, fresh and good) and some warm sausages with potato salad (another night it was a sandwich) hit the spot. Small and casual you can have a glass of wine or beer too and walk out with an excellent cookie in hand. It isn't really like an American deli - a Mexican version of it - as it should be. We weren't crazy about some of the cured meats - not to our palettes, but that is an individual call.

1  Thank tgnorcal
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Unassuming from the street, Gourmand is Oaxaca's hidden gem. My partner and I eat here on a regular basis, always opting for the delicious home made salchichas accompanied with one of the many international boutique beers. The staff here are gorgeous, kind, attentive and prompt and make us feel welcome everytime we visit. The little jars of mountain tea are incredible and go really well with a slice of the peacan pie. Yum!

1  Thank claire d
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The food was bland and uninteresting. Both my companion, a bit less experimental than I, and I remarked that our "owner picked" meal was a big disappointment. The recommendation of a gringo living in Mexico brought us here. I asked the owner to pick the best he considered from his menu for us to try. For what we paid, 385 pesos for two sandwiches, two big beers,and a mineral water, we agreed-never here again. The microbrew beer selection was the single highlight of the visit. One of the best Porters I've had, Hecho en Mexico too! The decor is stylish new youth oriented and simple but tasteful. Mostly younger Mexicans here. Not us, ever again!

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for an early lunch. Plenty of good options. Sandwiches were large and fresh, the meat was cut and sandwiches made right in front of us. Side salads were nice, room was great. Lots of beer options and fresh coffee in a French press. I wish we had more time in Oaxaca so that we could have bought some of the homemade pickled vegetables and jams.

1  Thank deathhat