“Delicious, fresh and healthy food and always served with a smile!”
Review of La Casa de la Chef

La Casa de la Chef
Ranked #152 of 469 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Santa Rosa, California
“Delicious, fresh and healthy food and always served with a smile!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Once I discovered this gem of a restaurant in Oaxaca, I was hooked and couldn't tear myself away. Sonia, the chef, is a master. She makes the most amazing dishes with flavors I have yet to sample on my culinary sojourn around the world. I felt I was in the west, not somewhere in southern Mexico. With a culinary background and many years of schooling, Sonia takes pride in her creations - and it shows! I'm someone who loves to eat, but it's rare to find someone who exudes excellence in her food, especially at an affordable restaurant. For this reason La Casa de la Chef deserves a favorable write-up.

Her husband Alturo is kind and attentive, serving the food with a smile and always making sure everything is to the customers' liking. Lupita in the kitchen I'm convinced has a permanent grin on her face and is often Alturo's "right-hand man" when the little restaurant gets busy.

The hot and fresh homemade wheat bread (although not made at the restaurant) is a wonderful accompaniment to the three course meals.

I advise anyone looking for a healthy meal cooked and served with love and care to please try out La Casa de la Chef. And pop in to see Sonia in the kitchen - you won't be sorry.

• Visited August 2012