+ A really great place. I arrived at 7am and although check-in wasn't until around noon they gave me sheets, towel and a bed in a dorm room so i could shower and rest.
+ Very, very clean. Enough showers/toilets, all spotless. Nice roof top terrace. No hippies!!!!!
+ Very friendly, courteous and helpful staff.
+ Great location. In a more 'real' part of town, but very close to the zocalo and the amazing food market!
+ I spent my final night in a dorm room. Each bed has a (working!) reading lamp and good sized lockers (that don't require a pad lock) and plenty of hooks.
+ Providing a towel is a nice touch. It's such a pain to travel with a damp towel if you've showered in the morning.
- Hot water is a bit of an issue. If Mexico has such a water crisis why should you have to run showers for a good 5-10 minutes to see if the water will get hot. Insulate the pipes, yo!
- I'd reserved a private room, which unfortunately was nothing more than a three bed dorm with showers and toilets across the hall.
- It gets cold in Oaxaca at night at this time of year, so it's a pity there's no enclosed place to hang out.
+ & - Wifi was available but it only reached with ten meters or so of reception, which is a pity.
- If you have a room close to reception in can get noisy with irritating Americans talking utter crap and volume.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Paulina Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.