All reviews junior suite a stones throw pool and bar area perfect location small pool lovely pool tamales front desk staff air conditioning colonial charm king bed other hotels third floor shower head we loved our stay central square beautiful building
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2019

This hotel was hard to review as much was nice but some basics were lacking. The best things about this hotel are the location and the tranquil feeling once you are inside. My friend and I had a Jr. Suite upstairs, which was very large and light, The service by everyone except the front desk was excellent. Those are the positives.
There were some negatives, tho. The tub/shower combo has very high sides and getting in and out is extremely awkward. The grout had mildew and the whole tub area had an unpleasant feel, which was surprising given the cleanliness of the room. I think the hotel has some deferred maintenance. The room was quite stark and noisy as there was nothing on the walls or the floor. Some little touches of color would have been nice. The AC was not sized to sufficiently cool the room. I thought we were paying for the pool man who was around to get drinks and the restaurant, which was lightly used. We did not eat at the restaurant. If you want a vacation by a small pool where someone will give you a drink, this is a good place to do it.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2019

This hotel has lots of charm and has an excellent location, 1 street from zocalo. The breakfast is served in a lovely courtyard and is freshly cooked to order. The staff were so helpful, we had a problem with our air conditioning when we arrived and they fixed it within the hour. We did not use the pool as by the time we got back from our days out it was in the shade. The rooms are quite dated in some ways, but we loved the style of the hotel and the bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept in. Also spotlessly clean. We would definitely stay again.

Room tip: We were on top floor and benefitted from table and chairs outside on the shared patio
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2019

BEWARE!!! We were going to a wedding in Oaxaca and made a reservation at this hotel for more than 4 months prior to our arrival. We received an email asking us to call them because the hotel staff needed to talk to us. Once I called, they said they were hosting a wedding for a family at their hotel and they had sold our rooms. They offered to look for another hotel for us but there were two or three weddings going on at Oaxaca that weekend. Hard to find another hotel. We read a lot of reviews for this hotel prior to our stay and it seems like a great place to stay. Unfortunately, your trip can be canceled and your reservation status will not be respected. You have been warned. I would search elsewhere to guarantee a comfortable stay in Oaxaca.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed March 1, 2019

Lovely colonial building, great location. Don't get deterred by the protesters in front of the hotel... They are peaceful and quiet, this hotel is really worth it! And their restaurant is excellent, especially for breakfast!

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

Not out of spite for Hotel de la Parra but out of courtesy for other travelers I will take the time to write this review. I booked on trusty Booking.com using the usual filter techniques that normally put me where I want to be when traveling. However, this time it went terribly wrong. This hotel has two properties and was only advertised as one, the original property is what is shown in the photos. I use past tense because after our recent experience they have changed the false advertisement. I was told I was not the first surprised and upset traveler. We literally were sent to a modern apartment building on a commercial street with no sign or address, no door bell. In the hot sun we stood on the busy street searching for a place to check in. Only when I called the main property were we let in. I am a world traveler, in all my experience this was the most misleading and infuriating check in. I refused to stay in the building they had assigned me to as I had been the victim of false advertisement! After much haggling with the staff I was finally checked into the main hotel. I have many more gripes, such as a broken AC that sounded like someone was pounding on the wall all night and a filthy shower with black mold on the walls and shower curtain plus more. If this was a budget hotel I’d let that go, however it is one of the highest priced properties in town. I checked out early as there was no way I could endure more hideous hospitality. I wholeheartedly do not recommend this hotel. It is resting on it’s laurels and cares nothing for their guests. I refuse to let this horrible experience ruin my experience in Oaxaca as this city is truly spectacular.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nizzle1