“Falls between the cracks”

Hotel Boutique De La Parra
Ranked #37 of 109 Hotels in Oaxaca
Reviewed March 16, 2005

This hotel has a lot going for it, and the staff were gracious and well meaning. There is not, however, a full understanding of the needs of foreigners; evident in both a significant language barrier (surpringly little english spoken) and a general cultural disconnect. Rooms are simple and elegant, but tend to be dark, and there is a wonderful tranquility throughout; why they would choose to pipe rather nasty dance music into the coutryards at siesta time is beyond my understanding. Bed and bathroom were very clean.

• Stayed: March 2005
5  Thank AntKlu

Reviewed March 7, 2005

My wife and I spent a week at Hotel de la Parra in February 2005. The hotel went out of their way to make us comfortable, including enhancing the bathroom to aid my mobility impared wife. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Best of all the hotel is one block from the Zocalo, though very quiet and peaceful within! Beautiful pool area too.
We would highly recommend the hotel to those looking for a high quality, fair priced and centrally located hotel in Oaxaca.

• Stayed: February 2005
2  Thank MrWaters
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed January 12, 2005

This nice and quiet hotel is lovely with little courtyard and pool, our room was nicely decorated and immacultely clean. Excellent breakfast is served every morning with tamales and chilaquiles. Osbelia assist us in finding our way around the city, arranging transportation to Monte Alban, Mitla, the airport or directing us to special places we wanted to visit, we were truly friendly welcome at our charming Oaxaca hacienda hotel

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 10, 2004

One can say all the nice things they want about this hotel, but when you have ALL your cash stolen from the safe in your room, well I think everyone should avoid these BANDITOS! I informed the hotel manager and NOTHING was done for me. Oaxaca is beautiful, but please do not put yourself or loved ones at risk by staying in this hotel.

8  Thank SweetonLafitte
Reviewed December 6, 2004

We stayed at the La Parra late November, 2004. Everyone was extremely kind and pleasant, and our room was very comfortable, complete with yummy soft cotton robes. However, do not expect the
staff here to speak or understand English! I believe most of the mix-ups people have reported may be language related. Most of the employees have a smattering of English, but not enough to trust accurate communication. This hotel is quite beautiful, and in a wonderful location if you enjoy the Zocolo. It is also within walking distance of museums, shops, and most everything of interest...We
loved it!

1  Thank MikiPearl
Reviewed November 28, 2004

My wife and I stayed at Hotel De LA Parra in November 2004. After I had already booked our room, I found this website. It showed several differing opinions about this hotel. I was a little worried because we were arriving at 11:00 p.m. on a Saturday night, and lost reservations were some of the complaints. I should not have worried. Our upstairs room with king bed was reserved as per our request. Also, our luggage didn't arrive with us on our flight from Mexico City. The next morning (Sunday) the young lady at the fromt desk made several calls to Aeromexico trying to locate our missing bags. We went to eat and look around the area and when we returned to our room at about 3:00, our luggage was in our room. We had a very nice room with a sitting area right outside overlooking the pool. The hotel is 1/2 block from the zocalo, so the location was perfect. I give this hotel a very positive rating.

A TripAdvisor Member
Laguna Beach, CA
Reviewed November 2, 2004

After booking this in June and confirming in August, this hotel had no record of our reservation when we arrived for Day of the Dead in October. This was a huge problem, as we had booked 3 rooms because we were 8 women. The woman at the hotel sent us to 2 alternate properties, both horribly substandard, and I spent the first night of my bachelorette party searching for accommodations for my 7 guests. The hotel didn't even give the others drinks while they were waiting, or pay for my taxi as I went from hotel to hotel trying to find room. (It turns out that they had booked us new rooms that were more than 3 months late on being completed and hadn't bothered to tell us before we left.) I highly recommend staying elsewhere. These people deserve to fail in business and have a respectable owner come in and run this place.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Oaxaca hotels
Casa de Sierra Azul
#3 of 109 in Oaxaca
Hotel Palacio Borghese
Hotel Palacio Borghese
#8 of 109 in Oaxaca

Been to Hotel Boutique De La Parra? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Boutique De La Parra

Address: Calle Vicente Guerrero No. 117 | Col. Centro Histórico, Oaxaca 68000, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Southern Mexico > Oaxaca > Oaxaca
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Business Hotel in Oaxaca
#4 Family Hotel in Oaxaca
#12 Romantic Hotel in Oaxaca
Price Range: $109 - $186 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Boutique De La Parra 3.5*
Hotel de la Parra is a hacienda-style boutique hotel located steps away from the Zócalo, or center square, of Oaxaca City. We offer rooms equipped with air conditioning, minibars, and all the amenities, as well as a lovely pool and restaurant. Well-situated in the heart of Oaxaca's majestic historic center, Hotel De La Parra is surrounded by gourmet restaurants, beautiful churches, fascinating museums and many other sites of interest.These are the ingredients which make Hotel De La Parra one of the best, most comfortable places to stay in Oaxaca.Welcome to Oaxaca, and to the Hotel De La Parra! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Boutique De La Parra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
De La Parra Oaxaca