“Worth a stay at least once in your life”

Hotel Boutique De La Parra
Ranked #37 of 109 Hotels in Oaxaca
Houston, Tx.
Reviewed September 24, 2004

Worth a stay at least once in your life . Service was the best when you need a tour or a place to eat. I've rarely seen anything like it. Truly unique. Oaxaca itself was pretty noise due to all the culture and traditions (amazing calendas with fireworks) but the city and De La Parra was a perfect sanctuary. Incredible hotel

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed September 13, 2004

I requested three single rooms with en-suite baths on line for three of us traveling from Chicago in March . We were all offered very nice quiet rooms on the first floor. The concierge also recommended side trips and found a terific a driver/guide for us.

A location near the Zocolo and several fine restaurants and craft markets added to the success of this stay.

2  Thank NellyB2
Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Reviewed September 4, 2004

I am very disappointed to find out that the manager of Hotel de la Parra practices the controversial overbooking policy. Upon checking in, My family found out that their reservation overlapped with onother and my family was thrown out of the hotel to a more expensive hotel and told to come back the next day!
On top of that. Marcos de manager never apologized for the situation and still went ahead and charged them full price. I guess the manager of Hotel de la Parra knows about running a hotel what I know of being a doctor.
My family and I were very disappointed with the staff of this nasty hotel.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 2, 2004

After I had reserved at the De La Parra, I read the review described it as dirty, dark and noisy. I was worried until I got there, and we experienced no such dirt, darkness or noise. Maybe it was that my companion and I were given interior upstairs room. The place was impeccably clean-the housekeepers fastiously scrubbed and polished the ceramic tile floors daily.

The staff was incredible. The bed was turned down at night, we had comfy robes and scuffys. The place was actually MORE than I normally need when travelling- television, air conditioning and -refrigerator-bar. The remodel is lovely if not " rustic" . The restaurant was o.k. and we only breakfasted there once, preferring the Zocalo cafes, but I rarely eat in the hotel restaurant anyway.

I suppose someone else could have had a completely different experience, but we had a lovely time. I would not want to be closer to the Zocalo, that would be noisy, and during a fiesta at a nearby church we did have some nighttime firework noise, but that is Oaxaca in the tourist center.

My only real criticism was that I think the place is a bit overpriced. Off-season incl. taxes was $103 for a double and there are perfectly lovely hotels in the tourist core available for much less. However, I cannot complain about the facility and service at all. Not being much of a nightlife sort, I was perfectly happy to relax in the room and hotel in the early evenings.

Like everything else in Oaxaca, regardless of the promise of English speaking staff, it helps to speak some Spanish. My Spanish is fairly decent, so I got along fine. But, the service was impeccable. Other than being a bit expensive by comparision to nearby hotels, I had no complaints, the de la Parra was lovely.

4  Thank bjwlaw
Reviewed August 12, 2004

this place is dark, noisy, dirty and smelly, definetely not worth the price of a room. Dont stay here unless you have to

4  Thank vallaug
Reviewed June 14, 2004

My husband and I visited Oaxaca in May 2004 to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We had a wonderful time and were thrilled with our hotel accomodations at De La Parra. We had reservations to stay in the master suite for a week, but upon arrival we were told that the room would not be available for 2 days and we were moved to the junior suite. I was extremely disappointed in this as I had confirmed my reservations, but we arrived on a Thursday and by Sunday we were in the master suite. The junior suite was very, very nice as well, so all was quickly forgiven. (I assume we messed up their weekly schedules by arriving mid-week) In both rooms the beds were extremely comfortable, everything very clean, TV's worked well and had satellite reception, air conditioning was great, no noisy problems (streetwise or group gatherings)to keep us awake. We were extremely happy with the accomodations and didn't encounter any of the problems I had read about at regarding other hotels. The pool area is very enchanting, though the pool itself was not real clean (Could have been the time of year we were there). We enjoyed it the nevertheless and the staff was quick to bring us pads for the lounge chairs, beach towels and anything else we might need even without our asking. In fact, the staff was always extremely helpful, happy and available. We weren't concerned about safety while in Oaxaca at all, but the set up of the hotel added to the secure feeling as it was necessary to pass directly by the registration desk each time anyone came onto or left the premises. It would be very difficult to top these accommodations, especially for the price and location. (Less than one block from the zocola). I would be happy to answer any questions anyone may have and would highly recommend De La Parra as a place to stay while visiting Oaxaca.

5  Thank DonnaTennessee
Chihuahua, Chih
Reviewed June 8, 2004

Since the first time, that I went to Oaxaca, Mexico. I Felt disappointed about the rates and bad service of many hotels. But the beauty of the city and his people make me fall enloved with oaxaca. So after several times in that city, I Knew a very elegant hotel with great service an the best of all was that "the fare rates" So, I am writing this review, because is very important for all the people who wants to go to the beautiful city of Oaxaca, to have the opportunity to stay in this hotel, not only for the rates and elegancy but also its superve location. All that make me think.

Hotel de la Parra, is the best of all.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member