“very good, clean, comfy very well located and warmth staff”

Casa de Las Bugambilias B&B
Ranked #1 of 126 Oaxaca B&B and Inns
Mexico City, Mexico
“very good, clean, comfy very well located and warmth staff”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very good hotel. A friend reccomended me because she married in Oaxaca, and stayed there.
The ambiance is wonderful, very warmth people, nice and healthy breakfasts and so close to the Templo de Santo Domingo, the jewel of the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Had a fab stay here during our 2 week trip of mexico, it's a very social B&b and a great way to meet other travellers! Lovely room, great breakfast & lovely wine in the evening with great service! Loved this place!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Clean apartment and very helpfull staff. We slept in the 2 room apartment, with 4 people. There is one kingsize bed in a seperate room. The bed in the living room is a queensize bed, not suitable for people over 1m75. The room is very noisy, because of streetside location and airco on the roof.

Breakfast is served in the central area at one big table, very nice to meet other people/travellers. Breakfast is very nice, from yoghurt and bread to freshly made omelette/tortilla... differs per day.

Very nearby the city centre, churches and other sights.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Yesmore
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My Boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights as part of our 2 month adventures throughout Mexico. This place could not be faulted.
The rooms were spacious and extremely clean, the included breakfasts were a great start to the day, but most of all it was the staff that I found truly wonderful. The staff spoke enough English to help us out with whatever it was we wanted. They even called the textile village we were wanting to go to late on a Sunday afternoon and arranged for one of the owners to wait until we arrived to go through the process of dying the wool with us.
They gave us umberellas for the rain, recommended restaurants to go to, booked us in for traditional healing treatments and cooking classes.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting to visit Oaxaca. It is ideally located close to everything, yet quite at night with the most comfortable beds in the whole of Mexico.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights in early August, and we had a lovely time. The staff is so friendly and helpful. We actually got lucky and moved to a larger room for the price we were paying for the smaller room because there was a family with loud children staying next to us. The host or owner was extremely gracious in allowing us to switch rooms. The place is beautifull decorated, and the breakfasts? Don't even get me started. Amazing coffee, awesome and authentic food complete with homemade granola, yogurt, pan dulces, fresh juice and fruit. We will be back! Ideal location too--close to everything.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely (we saw several). If you want more space, you'll have to spend a little mo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Larchmont, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I returned to Casa de las Bugambilias this summer to spend another week there. It did not disappoint. I already knew that the location was magnificent. Everyone there is attentive and very knowledgeable but not in the least intrusive. For those non-Spanish speakers, you don't have to worry. You will not have a problem. The breakfasts are a delight to the eyes as well as to the stomach. Also, they had just started to offer a free glass of wine / beer/ mescal from 5-7 on their patio. If you want more, then you pay for it.

The person I was traveling with fell ill during our stay. Everyone helped with advice, tea, and suggestions. She ended up seeing a doctor( in her room!!), suggested and arranged by the B&B. Having a house call within 20 minutes of the call cost less that $50. My friend was on her feet the next day.

Although I have been to Oaxaca before and stayed elsewhere before I discovered this gem, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else for any future visits that I make.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I spent a month at Casa del Las Bugambillias June-July 2012. As I travel a lot in India and Italy I know what relaxes or stresses me out. I was made to feel at home from the moment I walked in. Bugambilias was what I needed for a month. It runs like a tight ship, totally professional staff, friendly but not intrusive, clean but not sterile, pretty but not fussy, in the center but not noisy, breakfast always beautifully served and maybe a little light on the fresh fruit, guests all interesting. I could go on and on. I fear if I do that --when I want to return-- it will always be booked :-)).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo