See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 7, 2017

A few blocs away from the zocalo, this hotel offers nice, comfortable and very clean rooms. The staff is very helpful and attentive to your needs. Ask for a room with a view, as several rooms only have doors or windows opening on the internal courtyard. At the moment, this hotel does not offer breakfast or bar/restaurant service, but a restaurant is being created.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view - not one on the internal court.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2016 via mobile

Very disappointing. I booked a Villa because I was traveling with my husband and another couple. The reason why I booked this hotel was because of its location so I asked several times if the Villa was located downtown and I was assured it was.
My husband and I arrived on Friday and were told our villa was not available, so we stayed at the main hotel for the first night. This was ok since the rooms are spacious and my friends were arriving until Saturday.
On Saturday morning we went sightseeing and later returned to the hotel to pick up our luggage to move to the villa.
A staff member from the hotel rode with us in our car, and it was until that moment (7pm) that we found out the Villa was located 7kms away.

I was VERY disappointed since I wouldn't have booked this hotel if I had know that the Villa assigned was not located in the downtown area.

We tried getting another villa or room assigned and the hotel staff could not arrange anything for us; we were all tired and decided to settle in the villa. It is a little house with 2 bedrooms and a tiny bathroom.
The worst part.... We found food on the refrigerator that I guess belonged to a prior guest. Made me wonder how clean the rest of the place is.
See photo.

Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank alequinterooria
Reviewed May 14, 2015

We stayed in the Villa associated with Casa Davina. We were actually not aware it was not at the same location as the hotel but we didn't really mind as it was still in a good location. I had been to Oaxaca several times and still love the place. It was okay and the staff was good that was there. I actually got sick and the maid was actually very helpful. She checked on me several times. The kitchenette was nice but of course the food is so good and well priced you rarely eat at home. There are many great places to walk to to eat. Ate all the usual places. Didn't seem that La Biznaga was nearly as good as before service not great, but Mezzalina great and my favorite Cafe Olla.

Room tip: make sure you know exactly where location is it is not at Casa Divina Hotel
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Texasfan1
Reviewed March 1, 2015

As the title suggests, we were a little disappointed with our stay here.
It wasn't that it was awful, just maybe that we expected more. We stayed for five nights, and while the room was spacious and clean; the staff friendly and helpful, there were just a few small gripes that made it not perfect. Like the music streaming from a speaker right outside our door from early morning 'til late at night, which wouldn't be turned off no matter how many times we asked.. The sales pitch we were unwittingly subjected to on our first morning.. And the lack of any natural light due to our window looking onto the interior courtyard.
In Divina's defence, it is in a great location - very central but on a quite street.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2014

Spent a week in Oaxaca at the Casa Divina Villas. Great location and very spacious accommodation. We were able to walk to the zocalo and all the landmarks. Oaxaca seems to be a city that doesn't really come to life until around noon but stays up late!

Date of stay: October 2014