Staying at Hotel Hacienda los Laureles has always been an overall great experience. This is a boutique hotel sitting on the side of San Felipe Mountains. I went there for a weeklong vacation. The food is exquisite, prepared by Chef Horacio, an expert in Oaxacan food. The rooms are cozy and housekeeping is always on top of things. Mr. Kaiser, a German national, is the owner and general manager of the hotel. He always makes sure everything is up and running.
In the morning you breathe mountain air and have breakfast next to the beautiful garden; during the day you can visit one of the several highlights available in Oaxaca; and, at night you can walk in downtown Oaxaca.
People working at the hotel are very friendly, besides the hotel typically has one or two students from overseas doing their practice there; in this trip I met Stephanie from the Netherlands who spoke perfect Spanish and English.
All in all, pros: food, service, and location. Cons: the gym, they need to buy a new one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For discerning guests who want to avoid the bustle of the big city and at the same time enjoy a unique locale, a relaxing stay at the 5 star Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles-SPA may just be the perfect solution. Located in a quiet residential area of Oaxaca city, this 18th century hacienda reopened its doors in 2000 following an extensive renovation. Here, you'll reap the rewards of stylish boutique respite enhanced by traditional Mexican architecture and a personable staff.This intimate Boutique hotel, boasting just 23 guestrooms, imparts the look and feel of a private hacienda. Thick stucco walls, terra cotta floors, costum special design furniture and colorful Mexican fabrics give the hotel an inviting, informal appeal. Outdoors, points of interest include colorful gardens and the fine laurel trees that were preserved during the renovation.Relax in the hotel’s newly expanded Petit Spa with a traditional "temazcal" or indigenous steam bath, and enjoy fine traditional Mexican fare and international cuisine in its award-winning restaurant. The hotel will assist in the planing off private tours in Oaxaca to point of interest, Eco and historic tours,taxi service Airport hotel Airport/Spa treatment,and Oaxaca cooking classes and dining in our garden. Please note all his special services are on prior request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Los Laureles Oaxaca
- Hacienda Los Laureles Hotel Oaxaca