Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles Spa
$142
$138
  • Breakfast included
$71
Hotel Casona Oaxaca(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
$47
$44
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $61/night.

$92
$90
Hotels.com
Casa de Sierra Azul(Oaxaca)
$114
$109
$65
$63
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $73/night.

$185
  • Pool
$100
  • Restaurant
Hotel Trebol(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
$34
$32
Hotels.com
All reviewssan felipea minute cab ridecentral gardenfamily vacationvery nice hotelhotel is locatedthe hotel staffoaxaca cityquiet locationfive nightskaisermexicohoteliertaxisworkshopplantschurch
Reviewed November 30, 2014

One can only assume from other more positive reviews that this hotel has seen better days.
The gardens are magnificent and well cared for and if the same level of maintenance had gone into the hotel , perhaps it would be better. It is a sad, dull, dingy place. Our room was large, I believe they called it de luxe, smelt terrible (I was assured it was the insect repellant but no other hotel smells like that) , had no views as net curtains were fastened to the opaque glass windows, had such an ill fitting mattress that you banged yOur legs getting in and out, pieces of polystyrene were taped onto the bedhead, and with the road running past the back window it was noisy.
When we arrived for our 3 night stay we saw only one other couple. Nobody was eating in the dingy restaurant. Breakfast was poor. The coffee was dreadful and the reheated breads tasted of freezer burn . By the last day a few more people were in evidence and the bread was fresher. We did get fresh orange juice.
The most telling thing about the standard of service was that when we left at 7am, no one even offered a drink, let alone breakfast .
If you are going to Oaxaca, stay in town.

Room Tip: It was supposed to have wi fi but there was no signal in the room itsel
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Judek34
hennef, Manager at Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2014

I wont even bothe to answer you complain because my employees
told me you started
already at check complaining because our hotel is only 10 min. to the Zocalo
big deal whopeee

Reviewed September 6, 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel with the idea of having my wedding there. After speaking with the staff, watching many piand the visiting it, I fell in love with the hotel and confirmed the place for my wedding. Beautiful rooms, gardens and delicious food.
Had my wedding here and everything went perfect, every little detail was taken in consideration and the staff was super attentive. The food was AMAZING and all the invitees said it was an amazing wedding.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cavilav
hennef, Owner at Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Dear Future Honeymooner

Mnay thanks for you kind but possitive report
also lease tell us what else we can due to improve
To bad I did not got to met you on your visit to my hotel
but be rest asured I will make a effort to meet you, wants you return for your final details
of your- up comming weeding event
I always attent to the events personaly inclucluding the Kitchen/Bar and Table settings
to make sure all is going well
yours Sincerely peter Kaiser Director general
Genaral

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This Hotel is a little bit far away from de city, but is beautiful, the rooms are decorated in Antique Style but with all the modernity possible, the gardens are a dream come true, the kitchen is excellent and the service people are the best, we spend our vacations here and definitely I want to come back!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Dirocami
hennef, Owner at Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Visitor
Sorry for my delayed response to your nice comments on trp ad.
yes we are a bit away for teh city center
Thats why this hotel makes a different to be away from
the noice smoke and traffic hazarsds
a hidden paridise ******* yes a bit inconvinient but special
our staff enjoyed very much you coomentsand still will still improve to be btter

thanks again we are looking forward seen you again
please pass on your news to your friends and family
yours the hotel team

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel is really a very special, sweet private oasis in a quiet, northern section of Oaxaca city. The beautiful gardens are what will first impress you, sizeable and gorgeously maintained garden with pool, breakfast patio, and even an authentic temazcal on the grounds. Once you settle in, you will start to really appreciate the more subtle touches to this place. The owner Peter Kaiser pays great attention to fine details in the décor and hospitality he offers to his guests, from his delightful colorful San Martin Tilcajete alebrijes and gorgeous San Bartolo Coyotapec black pottery crafts adorning the rooms and lobby to the Langenthal Swiss and Bauscher Weiden porcelain that you can eat fresh, homemade breakfast and exceptional Oaxacan specialties from for dinner, to the warm, approachable, professional staff. The place has an Oaxacan ambiance to it, but also feels European in its subtle refinement and graciousness. It is a seven minute bus ride into the heart of city center, and the bus stops right in front of the hotel every twenty minutes or so and is very easy to take and inexpensive. I loved the tranquil, quiet location, you can hear the birds sing, and yet you are very close to the bric-a-brac of Oaxaca city. The only minor flaws that I noticed was that the spa treatments seemed to be only a small dimly lit room with not much light, it would be nice if one could have the massage treatments in a place to take advantage of the magical ambiance of the very pretty grounds. Overall, really wonderful experience!

Room Tip: I would try to get room on the second floor, in the corner is the suites, which are lovely and very spacious. All are beautifully decorated with Oaxacan artistic touches.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank MiaKimPark

Dear honorable client

I must apolocy for my delayed response reading your very detailed trip report many thanks for noticing the garden and other detail
yes we ayr not in the city center but locatin I selected when making this private home or former Hacienda from the late 1890 in to a hotel
with the idea been different,*** than in down town away from smoke **noice and traffice, jams
I also notices .your report not so 5 star cleaness, please let me know your findings
as alway we are looking for seen you again with many of your recomend friends and Family
have a wonderful day
yous,s the hotel team who loved your report to read

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We spent two weeks of 2013 Holiday Season in a quiet, relaxing atmosphere in San Felipe del Agua, Oaxaca, Mexico and greatly enjoyed the hospitality offered by the owners and the staff of Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles. Our daughters greatly enjoyed the Spa and the courteous treatment from the staff. The Hotel is located in a small pueblo nestling under high mountains but only 10-15 minutes from the Zocalo at the Center of Oaxaca by the very frequent public transport. The extended gardens alone can make a stay at the hotel a dream! The food was great and we particularly appreciated the fresh pasta handmade to order. If you are looking for superb Mexican or international food, you can do no better that Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles!! The Hotel can also arrange trips to famous local attractions. Our daughters particularly enjoyed their visits to Hierve el Agua, Monte Alban, Mitla, and Teotitlan. A perfect holiday at the Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles!

Room Tip: A Junior Suite is well worth the extra.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
hennef, Owner at Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Many thank for you kind report , and feedback We take any report positive or negative very seriously
Yes Oaxaca is a place to be as well our 5 star 4 diamond spa hotel oasis
to be of service at all time

The hotel team wishes you a happy 2014 for all the family and friend