“Mediocre-better places to eat in Oaxaca”
Review of Las Quince Letras

Las Quince Letras
Ranked #12 of 497 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

On a recommendation from a Oaxacan guidebook, we stopped for an afternoon meal - comida corrida. The soup was zucchini in a chicken broth, acceptable but not that flavorful. Salad was fresh baby spinach with sliced apples that overwhelmed the greens but was good. My main entree was one paltry chicken leg in a red sauce with tortillas. My husband fared better with the amount of food for his entree but again, nothing stood out. Dessert was rice pudding with a slice of sweet potato; odd but ok. We were offered no drinks with our meal which is standard practice so we ordered 2 agua frescas which cost 30 pesos each. When we paid our bill, we were shorted 100 pesos in change-did the waiter think we wouldn't notice that??! The garden atmosphere is lovely but I think there are restaurants that serve a tastier comida corrida and don't short change you.

1  Thank Bikinglibrarian
There are newer reviews for Las Quince Letras

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Nothing to dislike about this place.Nice courtyard with true Oaxacan ambiance. The menu was a nice blend of flavors. The salad I ordered was art in itself. A sculptued avacado sat on top of this gigantic pile of greens.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Have been to Quince Letras many times over the last 6 years of visiting Oaxaca. Always consistent traditional and reliable. Good service and a pleasant courtyard just beyond the bland dining room. Prices are reasonable. Try the large botana assortment if you haven't tried much Oaxacan food and you will find out what to order for your next meal.

1  Thank tomshiff
Reviewed November 12, 2012

It was an amazing experience. The food was delicious and the the waiter, Beto, was so helpful and kind!
This is a place that everybody should visit in Oaxaca.

1  Thank Pilar M
Reviewed November 11, 2012

On my recent visit to Oaxaca I asked for a recommendation for restaurants serving good Oaxacan cuising. One I was directed to was Las Quince Letras. I asked the waiter for the especiales and was directed to the menu items mostly for moles. Having visited Oaxaca a number of times I have tried all 7 moles and asked for something "unique" to the restaurant. The Senora recomended the Filete Mestizo.

Turned out to be delicious! A filet of fish cooked in santa herbal leaves, with fresh onion, tomato, mushrooms and banana....

Wonderfully sublte flavors. Highly recommended.