“Excellent wedding venue”

Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Oaxaca
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent wedding venue”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had my wedding here in December and it was absolutely fabulous! The venue exceeded my expectations, the personnel are lovely, and the manager is always willing to help. My family and friends and I booked out most of the hotel for a few days and everyone felt pampered and really enjoyed their stay. The rooms are very nice and funky, and the suites are spacious and arty. The food is superb and the hotel is in a very convenient location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear S+A,
Thank you very much for your kind comments. It was a pleasure having you and your families with us and a great honor being part of this special day.

On behalf of the entire team at the Hotel Azul we wish your all the best and a happy married life.

Warm regards,
Friederike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I *loved* my stay here. I extended it twice and was genuinely sad to leave. My room was spacious, super comfortable, with plenty of storage, a great shower and wifi. Room service was great and it was nice to come back from a day exploring and find fresh fruit, chocolates and water every night.

The included breakfasts were amazing, in fact the hotels restaurant was amazing in general. Super accommodating (they'd take my protein powder and add it to smoothies for me for example), delicious and adventurous in their cuisine.

The location is perfect, a quick walk to the Zocalo and all the main sights, and there happens to be a gym on the street behind the hotel where you can work out for $100 pesos casual fee. The cafe a couple doors down makes great shakes as well.

All the staff were the best, they went to extra mile, always smiling, friendly and helpful.

I've traveled reasonably extensively through Mexico and South America to make comparisons and I can't recommend this place enough, I totally loved it and I hope to come back one day!

Thank you so much Hotel Azul for a memorable stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank RichieHardcore
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Mr. Richie,
Thank you very much for choosing the Hotel Azul for your stay in Oaxaca. It was a pleasure and honor having you as our guest and I appreciate your kind words which I have shared with our entire team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future to Oaxaca and the Hotel Azul!

Best regards,
Friederike Schaefer-Wildenberg
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We took three rooms for Xmas. It was a superb idea. The rooms are neat and spacious. The ktchen is one of the bests in Oaxaca. The only problem are the windows that shoud have been better designed. If you open them you are totally exposed. Typical architect's mistake.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure and honor to have you has our guests.

We wish you and your family a very merry christmas.

Hotel Azul de Oaxaca
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Located just a few blocks away from Santo Domingo, we enjoyed our 2 night stay. The rooms are spacious and the beds are so comfortable! We loved the terrace and other amenities such as the restaurant and computer room/library. The rooms can be a bit dark but they are well equipped with modern tv, iphone/ipod dock, new a/c unit, and good pressure shower. The property is definitely quiet and the staff is very friendly. The hotel is designed beautifully- contemporary modern and located on a vibrant street with great restaurants (right across the street), shops, and museums.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank veronica s
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Veronica,
On behalf of the entire team of the Hotel Azul I would like to thank you for staying with us and for your kind comments.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the near future to your "home away from home".

Warm regards from Oaxaca!
Orizaba, Mexico
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family stayed here for a week before my wedding, the ceremony of which was held in the gorgeous courtyard of Hotel Azul. Friederike, the general manager of the hotel, went so far out of her way to be accommodating, it was unreal. We chose this hotel as it is the only hotel I contacted in the city that was willing to work with us for wheelchair accessibility. She bought ramps and a special shower chair for us, consulting with us on the latter to make sure it was going to work. They also were willing to install shower bars, which we didn't end up needing. Also, Friederike took care of ALL of the paperwork for our legal ceremony and even found us a judge and took care of some problems we had post-wedding. She is beyond lovely.

We also had many last minute changes and problems with missed flights and cancelations and Mayra was great in helping us out and figuring out how to make everything work. We really appreciated it.

The hotel itself is very beautiful. I didn't actually stay here myself but I did use my grandmother's room to get dressed for the wedding and it was very comfortable and clean.

Thank you again for helping make our wedding day perfect!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kimtee12
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Kim,
Thank you so much for your kind words!!
It was so lovely having you and your family and I appreciate all your trust.
The entire team of the Hotel Azul wishes you, Miguel and Charlotte all the best and we hope to see you again here in Oaxaca.

Con mucho cariño,
Friederike
Vancouver
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I and our medium size poodle cross, Cooper, enjoyed our 3 night stay at this lovely, well-located hotel. We had a quiet, comfortable room with great bed, medium strong wifi and nice lighting options. Delicious food with breakfast included in the rate, excellent coffee and best of all - a friendly and helpful staff who welcomed Cooper with open arms, literally. There was no extra charge for him when some hotels for example in Cuernavaca and Puebla, wanted an extra $20 to 60 CDN-USD per night. (The InterContinental in Puebla wanted an additional, $100 deep cleaning fee even if there was nothing to clean! We gave it a miss and found the very much nicer Sacristy de la Compania which I will review separately.)

Hotel Azul has 2 parking spaces so let them know if you'll need one. They're very convenient, right at the entry where a hotel representative is always posted.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Linda,
It was such a pleasure having you, your husband and of course Cooper with us. Thank you very much for having chosen us as your "home away from home" and we hope to welcome you back in the near future,
The entire team of the Hotel & Restaurant Azul is sending its best regards.

Hasta pronto!
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed April 2, 2013

A great boutique hotel with great customer service and very comfortable rooms. The have jazz nights in the restaurant at times and the food is amazing. Try their breakfasts, they are the best and the hot chocolate is to die for. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeya_mc
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear guest,
On behalf of the entire team of the Hotel Azul I would like to thank you for having stayed with us and for your kind comments.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will be shared with all employees and we hope to welcome you back in the near future to Oaxaca and your home "Hotel Azul".
Warm regards!