“Friendly and quality lessons!”

Amigos del Sol- Spanish Lessons
More attraction details
Owner description: Amigos del Sol welcomes you to Oaxaca! we teach Spanish to travelers and people from all the world interested in learning more about the Spanish Language and Oaxaca. We will be very happy to have you with us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I took a 6-day Spanish lesson at Amigos del Sol, and we enjoyed it very much. Rogelio, the manager communicated via email with us and arranged our lessons so they fit our trip schedule, and gave us lots of information about the city and trasportation so we could arrange our trip there. He gave us rides to\from the school every day, and was friendly and helpful throughout the stay in Oaxaca. Our instructor Cerso was very good and patient. My husband and I were at different levels of Spanish, but he was still able to structure the lessons in a way that kept us engaged throughout the classes.. Thanks for finding that awesome flan napolitano again! We couldnt find any good one in Huatulco and miss it so much!
They planned our lessons so we can learn not only phrases we can use at places we stayed at as well as stores and restaurants we went while in Mexico, but basic grammar so that we can make simple entences on our own. It helped us a lot when comunicated with local kids we met in Oaxaca.
Thank you Amigo del Sol!

in 4 reviews
"oaxaca city"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I had a goal, before I came to Oaxaca, to get a basic start in Spanish language, to use in my work, and made that clear to the headmaster (Rogelio). I wanted six hours a day of study, for several weeks, and I really bit off a big bite, because there was homework of an hour and a half after classes, to boot.

To say that my hopes and expectations were exceeded really doesn’t compliment Rogelio and my two teachers, Miriam and Celso, nearly enough. I was amazed how they all worked, cheerfully, during all those hours with me each day, and how they constantly flexed to fit my pace of learning and my bumps in the road.

The mixture of grammar, conversational skills and practice was perfect. It didn’t take me long to realize that I had gotten very lucky when I picked this school out of the many available in Oaxaca. They are professionals, and very dedicated to what they are doing, and enjoy their teaching as much as I enjoyed learning from them.

I went away from Oaxaca not just with some beginning Spanish language skills to build on, but also with friends at Amigos del Sol, and count myself lucky to have found them. It’s now easy to see why so many of the students come back for multi-year studies with them. I’ll be back, but with their encouragement, I’ll be practicing in the meantime, todos los dias. Poco a poco a poco.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our Spanish classes at Instituto Amigos del Sol and felt that we learned really appropriate language skills for our proficiency level and were able to apply our skills right there in Oaxaca. It allowed us to communicate quite well in los mercados y los restaurantes and we were also able to take the bus to different communities! As well our teacher incorporated information on the culture of Mexico and Oaxaca into our daily lessons. We would recommend Instituto Amigos del Sol to anyone looking to improve their Spanish skills while exploring the amazing city of Oaxaca.

Julie and Peter - Ontario, Canada

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My experience with Instituto Amigos del Sol was faultless, I had a great time learning Spanish there. Rogelio was amazing at responding to emails, and from the start I felt extremely welcomed. Over email, Rogelio helped me organise my homestay with a family in the centre of Oaxaca - who were absolutely lovely and even met me at the airport. Each morning (after a great breakfast with the family!) I would walk 10 minutes in the sun to the meeting point where Rogelio would collect both students and teachers and whisk us off in his 4x4 for our lessons a short ride away. This always worked so smoothly and it was great to be able to practise spanish on the way. My teacher Miriam was lovely and I thank her for teaching me so much in a week, for her patience and for taking me around the local markets - it was fab.