“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amigos del Sol

Amigos del Sol
More attraction details
Owner description: Amigos del Sol welcomes you to Oaxaca! we teach Spanish to travelers and people from all the world interested in learning more about the Spanish Language and Oaxaca. We will be very happy to have you with us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Melbourne
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Thanks to Rogelio for organizing our 4 days of Spanish lessons! He went out of his way to help us with any problems during our time in Oaxaca. Our teachers were both friendly and professional which meant we could learn a lot, but still enjoy spending 3 hours at school. The home stay was amazing - could not recommend it more highly! The couple we stayed with we're incredibly lovely and welcoming, we felt so at home - plus it was a good chance to practice our spanish.
We also did a cooking class and visited Monte Alban, so overall had a great week.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Fiona L

Brownsville, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was my first time studying Spanish, and I was a little intimidated about an immersion program. But the entire staff was so kind and encouraging that I felt at ease at once. The director was unfailingly upbeat, and my teacher was patient and thoughtful. We quickly developed a rapport, and had lots of fun while learning. I felt that the pace of learning was appropriate, and that the material introduced was useful. I would recommend Amigos del Sol to anyone.

1 Thank swfawnridge
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent school”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is the best language learning experience I have had by a mile. Rogelio was also quite helpful in arranging a home stay as well. I had an excellent instruction in Esteban. They can work with you to tailor something to your needs and if other people are included, they can balance things out.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
“One of the best things in Oaxaca.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

When my mother and I went to Oaxaca in Mexico this summer, I had a goal of improving my spanish. I took classes everyday for 1 month for 4 hours. It was truly amazing. Esteban (my teacher, who's beyond amazing) was patient, smart, funny, and knew what he was doing. He made the class understandable for me and my co-student. Everyday I looked forward to going to school and was never unhappy. They offer coffee and tea in the mornings and it also gives you a chance to interact with other students.

In all, I loved the time I spent at this school. It's great for teenagers, like I am, and people of all ages. I would always recommend this place!

Visited July 2013
Eugene, Oregon
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great Learning and Practice Opportunity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been studying Spanish for many years and participate in regular conversation groups while at home. My partner, Sandra and I had the opportunity to attend Instituto Amigos del Sol the last two weeks of August 2013. Prior to this, I had contacted the school to inquire and then to let them know we were planning on attending the school. My initial inquiries were always promptly and cordially responded to by Rogelio, the school's owner. Sandra, had very little Spanish language education in the past, although she had studied French. We decided to try a week at the school to see how we liked it. We decided, after the first week, to continue with the second week.
I found the first week to be very rewarding and engaging with my teacher, Hector. We always had good conversations for several hours. He would takes notes during our conversations. after two hours we would take a break. Upon returning from the break, Hector would share with me the points I needed to improve upon, as well as the knowledge to do so. In addition being a great resource for information about the local area, it was also an opportunity learn learn about the local history and culture.
I found the owner, Rogelio, to be professional, accomodating and responsive to our requests. Sandra, after the initial uphill climb of jumping into learning an new language at a more advanced age, was, while not at an advanced level, speaking Spanish after our two weeks at Amigos del Sol. She was also very pleased with her teacher.
I have absolutely no reservation about strongly recommending Amigos Del Sol for beginners or advanced Spanish students.

1 Thank ryandarwish