New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Amigos del Sol

Amigos del Sol
Ranked #15 of 113 things to do in Oaxaca
More attraction details
Owner description: Amigos del Sol welcomes you to Oaxaca! we teach Spanish to travelers and people from all the world interested in learning more about the Spanish Language and Oaxaca. We will be very happy to have you with us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really nice instructors make it easy to talk for hours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The instructors were super easy to talk to, which is what I needed to do. I can speak decently, and they were great at diagnosing my common mistakes and helping me sort out my issues with the subjunctive!

Visited April 2013

Oaxaca, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great start to learning Spanish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Rogelio was terrific. He was flexible in arranging lessons. He responded to e-mail questions. He picked us up at a local park in the morning and made us comfortable at the school. He was a patient and enthusiastic teacher. And, as beginners he didn't try to have us do too much. Rather he got us started on a few concepts then worked on using the concepts in situations necessary for travel. Looking forward to returning.

Bonn, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“good value Spanish lessons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

the teaching arrangement was very flexible and I took my private lessons to market places which was great fun to combine learning and visiting the surrounding villages. The teachers I have encountered are all quite professional. Rogelio is the most helpful and reliable person of all languages institutes I was in. Usually before late night he replied within 20 mins to most requests and help me down to last details to make sure my classes run smoothly. Great value considering the cost and how much I picked up in just 3-day classes.

Southampton, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great way to learn Spanish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Arranging the lessons was easy - Rogelio answered emails promptly. The pickup and dropoff to this non-central location couldn't have been easier - it was nice to walk to the park in the morning and converse with the other language learners. My class was small (just me!) and a good mixture of new drills and conversation practice. I feel confident and motivated to continue my study! Especially appreciate that I could start any day of the week and take lessons for my desired length of time!

Chicago, Illinois
“Los Amigos de Sol was just right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have studied at two other language schools in Oaxaca, and I feel that each was right for me at the time. Instituto Cultural was wonderful for a advanced beginner in that the cultural activities and social aspect were important. Oaxaca Spanish Magic also was good as I progressed, offering good instruction and warm, personal support. That said, I am now working on pronunciation and subjunctive usage and my almost three weeks at LOs Amigos de Sol was perfect. My teacher Esteban was well-prepared and great fun! Thank you Rogelio for a wonderful experience all around.

Visited February 2013