“We went back”
Review of Amigos del Sol

Amigos del Sol
More attraction details
Owner description: Amigos del Sol welcomes you to Oaxaca! we teach Spanish to travelers and people from all the world interested in learning more about the Spanish Language and Oaxaca. We will be very happy to have you with us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I were in Oaxaca last year and fell in love with the city and Amigos del Sol. We returned this February and everything was as great as we remembered. Rogelio was totally accommodating, encouraging and friendly. We had 2 new teachers; they were just as wonderful as the two we had last year. The classes are small and our fellow students delightful. We plan to go again next year!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I studied at Amigos del Sol for 5 or 6 weeks starting in the end of August/2012. It was an amazing experience, more than I expected. Rogelio, the director, is very friendly and kind since the first time you write to him and he is always ready to help you. I arrived talking almost nothing and my Spanish grew immensely during the course. I was the only student in my class except for 5 days and I think it helped to improve my skills. After I left the school I received compliments on my Spanish during my last days in México. The classes were great and I had a lot of fun and laughs with my teacher Esteban. I had a really good time at Amigos del Sol and highly recommend the school to anybody.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I took classes with Rogelio for three weeks and he was, hands down, the best language teacher I have ever had (and I have had many, in several languages). He is a natural pedagogue -- and also a lovely human being. Small class size -- seldom over 3 students -- is a big plus. Flexibility is also a plus. I was frankly amazed that a language school could be the Tripadvisor #1 attraction in Oaxaca, but after the three weeks we attended Amigos del Sol it was no longer a mystery.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We spent 3 days brushing up our Spanish at Amigos del Sol. We learnt more than we had hoped for, and found the lessons to be professionally run, friendly and ultimately great value for money. There was no unnecessary time wasting, and we could take a break if and when we wanted to. Our teacher Celso spoke to us really only in Spanish, and even though we have only a beginner's level of knowledge we found him to be easy to understand and very patient. The school is north of the city, but Rogelio picked us up punctually each day from close to our hostel. I highly recommend the school, and would return if I could. Thank you Rogelio and Celso!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Good language instruction, very small classes, good service. Slightly out of town, but they drive you to and from centro.