“Excellent spanish school”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amigos del Sol

Amigos del Sol
More attraction details
Owner description: Amigos del Sol welcomes you to Oaxaca! we teach Spanish to travelers and people from all the world interested in learning more about the Spanish Language and Oaxaca. We will be very happy to have you with us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent spanish school”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I learned a huge amount in two weeks and was really pleased that it was really fun at the same time. I´m delighted that I attended Amigos del Sol. Miriam was a wonderful teacher. . Highly recommended.

Visited October 2012

Bainbridge Island, Washington
“A top notch school with excellent people”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I took five days of Spanish lessons at this school and was very happy with my teacher Miriam and what I learned. Rogelio is extremely helpful and fully involved in making sure you are getting a valuable experience. I highly recommend this wonderful school.

Visited October 2012
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great school in a great city.”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Amigos del Sol is an excellent choice for studying Spanish. I studied at the school for two weeks in August of 2012. First of all, the director of the school, Rogelio, is very helpful, patient, friendly, and will respond to your emails immediately. I didn't study with him, but his student (who I had lunch with daily) had nothing but PRAISE for him. He told me he had a superior system of teaching, especially new verb tenses. My teacher was also excellent. I have studied Spanish three times before (in Ecuador and Guatemala). My teacher at Amigos del Sol explained things so well that things I have struggled with in the past (reflexive verbs, direct and indirect object pronouns) were made easy!

Another nice and unique thing about the school is that you get to practice your Spanish both to and from the school in Rogelio's car! He picks you up daily and drops you off after school. A very nice touch!

Physically, the school is very nice. There is fresh-brewed coffee daily (as well as tea). There is a microwave to heat up food, a nice upstairs and downstairs patio.

If I ever go back to Oaxaca, I would without a doubt study at this school again.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank John_Yanno
“Great learning experience!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We booked a week of 3 hour lessons with Rogelio at very late notice. He was amazingly accommodating and even provided assistance with finding accommodation. We had zero knowledge of Spanish prior to the classes and since have been able to communicate effectively to book hostels, order food, bus tickets etc. amazing helpful and gracious host, fantastic experience and can't recommend this place enough for one in one tailored learning.

Berkeley, California
“Excellent experience for our family”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My daughters (7 and 9) and my husband and I took Spanish lessons for two weeks at Amigos del Sol and had a fabulous experience. Miriam taught the girls and managed to keep them engaged in songs, games, and active learning for 3 hours a day. The adults were in a room right next to them learning with Rogelio. He is a very smart, engaging, and professional teacher. We were more than impressed! He took our learning time very seriously and made sure we all got the most out of each class. The rides from the Centro to Rogelio's school were fun, short, and full of Spanish conversation with Rogelio. I would definitely return and recommend the school highly to anyone.

Visited August 2012