“Great experience!”

Amigos del Sol- Spanish Lessons
More attraction details
Owner description: Amigos del Sol welcomes you to Oaxaca! we teach Spanish to travelers and people from all the world interested in learning more about the Spanish Language and Oaxaca. We will be very happy to have you with us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had a truly great experience at Amigos del Sol, and I can recommend the school enthusiastically for its personalized approach to language instruction, and its warm and welcoming atmosphere.

For my vacation this year in July, I decided to visit some friends in Puebla and then spend 10 days in Oaxaca. It was the perfect time to be in Oaxaca because the annual cultural festival, La Guelaguetza, takes place during the last week of July. Although I already speak Spanish fairly well, I was looking for a school where I could take private conversation classes for a few hours a day to reinforce my knowledge of the language and to polish my conversational skills. After reading the reviews of Amigos del Sol and communicating with Rogelio about my plans, I decided to enroll in classes.

The experience surpassed all of my expectations. Rogelio arranged for me to work with an excellent teacher, Efraín, who tailored the classes to focus on areas where I needed more practice – e.g., reported speech, idiomatic expressions, and workplace and business communications. To accomplish this we improvised scenes and acted out a whole range of situations. I have to say that it was incredibly fun and entertaining, and each day the four hours of class flew by!

Rogelio is very kind and thoughtful, and he is also very detail oriented. He made sure that I had all of the information I needed before I arrived on Oaxaca, and always responded immediately to my emails with concise answers to my questions. He also arranged for me to stay with a wonderful family where I had delicious home-cooked meals, and ample opportunity to practice my conversational skills. And, when I was having trouble finding a hotel room for a friend who was coming to visit me in Oaxaca for the weekend, Rogelio came to the rescue and was able to find a bed and breakfast at a very reasonable price - and at the height of the tourist season during La Guelaguetza!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"oaxaca city"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was there for one week, and already I could feel a difference. My teacher was Rogelio and he consistently corrects reoccurring mistakes, which for me was a really good method that made me more aware of them and improve in general. Rogelio also simplifies complex grammatical lessons and make the idea so much more accessible.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Awesomely affordable, and always willing to accomodate, Amigos del Sol is perfect if you want to squeeze in a few one on one tutoring sessions amongst your plans for Oaxaca, just a few hours here and there and i was making some surprising progress with my spanish. Enrol for tomorrow´s class, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I found the lessons at Escuela Amigos del Sol to be perfectly tailored for my learning needs. The lessons mostly consisted of conversation, with frequent diversions into points of grammar to help me communicate. As a teacher myself, I am very concerned with the learning outcomes and the lessons became a collaborative project with my improvement as the goal. I grew in confidence quickly over the five days of lessons and my teacher helped me to focus on those areas that allowed me to develop my language skills best. I highly recommend Escuela Amigos del Sol.