“Local organic coffee roaster”

Nuevo Mundo Coffee Roaster
Ranked #5 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Oaxaca
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Florencio at Acadmic Tours introduced our group to the Nuevo Mundo owner/operator who gave a nice English-language lecture on coffee production, roasting, and marketting and allowed us to try some of his excellent, small-batch roasted coffee from the Pluma region of Oaxaca. Delicious.

2  Thank JBtraveler42
There are newer reviews for Nuevo Mundo Coffee Roaster

Reviewed December 12, 2011

They care about coffee here. Great roast, great blend. Take some home. I did.

Michael
mandjphoto

Reviewed November 28, 2011

One of the best places in the world for coffe! I had coffee at "La Taza dr Oro" in Rome which claims to serve the best coffee in the world and "Nuevo Mundo" is equivalent. Had the breakfast package wih orange juice, capuccino, fried eggs with cactus, toast and an oatmeal cookie for about 5 dollars, a bargain and a treat. They roast coffee on the premises and you can buy it there. The place is a bit spartan in decor, crowded, but worth a visit to please your taste buds. Enjoy!

1  Thank Alffiemexicocity
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I've lived in Oaxaca for almost a year, and I can tell you their coffee is without a doubt the best in Oaxaca. They even roast their own beans. And if you're looking for breakfast or lunch, their food is excellent as well, along with the service. They have an in house bakery, where they make all types of rolls, brownies, ect. As for lunch they have bagel sandwiches, eggs done in a variety of ways ( a la veracruzana, my personal favorite, or a la mexicana....), salads, etc. A favorite gathering place of the locals. Check it out!

1  Thank hailey46
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stumbled upon this cafe by accident one day and remember that a friend had recommended it to me. It was a hot day so I got a frozen moccachino, and I will admit that it was the best I've had in my life! I haven't tried the food, but I plan on returning again soon!

1  Thank lagringal0ca