See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 18, 2015

Ok, let me start with the pro's.
Located just a block from the Zocalo. Our room was clean.

Cons:
We had cold water showersthe first two days, The hotel seems to be running on a shoestring budget, and with only a few employees. The water situation eventually got fixed, but hot water was still sporadic.
Not all rooms have windows, so it could feel claustrophobic.
My friend's room had dirty sheets, hair, stains, and all. It was to late in the night for her to complain when she noticed, so the poor girl, slept in her sweats on top of the bed.
Parking is inside the courtyard of hotel, so when walking from your room or to lobby, you got nice whiffs of exhaust.
Beds were very hard.

Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed November 2, 2015

The Hotel is very expensive for the quality of the service. The shower is old, filthy and with no hot water. The parking place in the hotel is very limited. It is close to the city center, but you can find much better places for the price we paid.

Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Great location near everything that matters. Secure parking. Very quaint and authentic. Two levels of accommodation: 'habitacion' which is fancier, and 'hostal' which is cheaper. We could only get into the 'hostal' which I entered with trepidation, imaging boarding school stuff. Not at all! The rooms are quite small it is true, but they house a double bed and private toilet / shower. At MXP600, I thought it was pretty good value.
There is free wi-fi, but you need to be careful where you go as the coverage is not ubiquitous.
There is NO in-house food or coffee, but as you are a block from the thriving heart of the historical district, that is understandable, and who would eat in and why under those circumstances.
There is no A/C; only a fan, so the room could be stuffy in really hot weather.
All considered, I would certainly stay here again. And I'm not even sure I would go for the better rooms even if they were available. Very good at the price.

Room tip: If you have the cash, go for the 'habitacion' section. But the 'hostal' is fine too.
Date of stay: August 2014
Reviewed March 15, 2014

After shopping a few hotels while walking around Oaxaca City, I landed here for 3 nights. It's right off the zocalo, but quiet and tranquil. I picked up a small room with private bath and a double bed for $500 pesos a night. Bed was comfortable, and hot water was consistent. No A/C, but never needed it. The building itself is quite attractive and well kept. Our room was tidy and clean, and maid service was daily. There is no restaurant at the property, but many close by, as well as street vendors everywhere. Definitely a great place to base your exploration of Oaxaca City!!

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Great hotel for the price -hard to find a better place in Oaxaca City for the price and central location. I have stayed here 5-6 times and I am never disappointed by either the staff, the ambiance, nor the security. I leave my camera gear etc in my room because I feel the hotel is safe enough to do that. They have been in business a long time and are well recommended by many expats who live in Oaxaca full time. Is only half a block from the Central Park

Room tip: rooms on 2nd floor are great
Date of stay: August 2013