See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 23, 2018

We really had a lovely stay! The room size was just perfect and spacious. We like the modern style and decor. The staff so friendly, our check-in went very smooth. Will definitely go back during my next trip to Oaxaca.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ismael B, Gerente at Mision Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2018

Dear guest, thank you very much for your preference, we hope to see you again soon.

Best regards

Ismael Betancourt

Reviewed October 22, 2018

I'd booked three nights at Mison Oaxaca two weeks earlier, received a confirmation shortly thereafter but just one hour prior to check in was emailed my credit card was invalid. I immediately telephoned the hotel & was told there were no rooms available, my credit card was denied. Insistent my card was valid (it has been for years) and that I was looking at the confirmation email, suddenly there was a room available for one night at four times the price of what I'd booked for. Rather than argue, I made my way to the hotel (cancelling plans with friends), produced the confirmation email & insisted they honor the confirmation. Shamed into it, the desk clerk gave me a room for two nights of the three nights I'd booked for at the rate I'd booked for. Purposely I handed the same credit card I'd booked with and as expected it was valid. What happened was evident. The reservations desk overbooked & was dropping those guests who secured a good rate in lieu for last minute guests who would pay the premium rate. But wait, that's not all. Twice during my stay I was shorted at the restaurant, the second time for 100 pesos which I caught. Unfortunately I missed it the evening prior. The rooms are bare bones, no coffee maker, a TV with a few channels, little else. Location wise it is not convenient to the historical center of the city requiring a taxi ride each time you leave the hotel. The front desk clerk (Brenda) was by far the most unhelpful and rude person in the hotel. Only one person (a waiter in the restaurant) took time to converse, all others not so much. Likely the worst experience in years.

Room tip: Avoid this property if at all possible
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Calidad-Sureste, Gerente at Mision Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Dear Manbyk
We appreciate the time your spend to send us your comments and scores through Tripadvisor. For this way, we allow you to send a greeting and to express my more sincere apologies. We feel guilty about this happened and we reiterate to commitment to improvement, so that situation is not happening again. We hope you bring to us the opportunity to be your hosts so, we will wait for you whenever you want, it will be a real pleasure for us.

Guillermo Muñoz
Gerente general

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

FREE, Shuttle to Oaxaca downtown every hour.... how cool is that?
And back to the hotel too, last one at 22:25 from downtown to hotel, free....
Personnel friendly and prices as you can not imagine.... Next visit to Oaxaca, no doubts where to stay... only 15 minutes away from downtown...
Hotel Mision Oaxaca San Felipe, please remember....

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Calidad-Sureste, Manager at Mision Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear guest:

On behalf of all those who work in this house, we thank you very much for the comments and qualification that you get through the portal of Tripadvisor, for us it is very grateful to know that your stay was pleasant and that you could enjoy the services offered by the hotel , As is the transport to the center, know that we will continue striving to provide you with quality services and facilities, in this your home we want to see you again and be able to provide the service you deserve.

Guadalupe Ibarra

Reviewed January 9, 2017

During my stay here the staff of the hotel lost my entire luggage. The hotel has promised me compensation for 3 months now. Both the hotel manager (Alejandro Martinez) and the "staff" of the hotel is very unprofessional. NEVER returns my phone calls or emails, they don't talk one word of english, according to themselves. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. My worst experience ever.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank 594fredrikb
Reviewed December 21, 2016

No one at the front desk spoke English. There was one waiter, Hector who was wonderful and would translate for us and the front desk manager who came in at 4-7 pm. Other than that it was difficult but they all smiled a lot and were friendly.
The room was lovely but the pool was in repair so no swimming.
The restaurant was very good

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Calidad-Sureste, Gerente at Mision Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2017

Dear Susan:

In the name of the team that works at this hotel, we thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments and give us your rating through a Trip Advisor page, we apologize for the inconvenience you had to communicate better, we will work on improving This point, referring to the pool, I commented that at this time it is available to our guests, we are pleased to know that the room and the restaurant have been to their liking, we are committed to improving day by day and we invite you to Visit us again and have the honor of serving you as you deserve.

Francisco Arciga Villegas