“Good value and location .” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Aitana

Hotel Aitana
Ranked #33 of 111 Hotels in Oaxaca
Mexico City
“Good value and location .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

What a pleasant surprise was our stay at Aitana , this is the first hotel in Oaxaca that I will be happy to go back to . Normally they are a combination of overpriced , noisy , average service , cold and poorly decorated rooms and mediocre breakfasts .
The Aitana ticks the boxes for me , especially good is a good location only 4 blocks from the centre , quiet , pleasant service . I will certainly go back .
A good honest three star hotel.

Room Tip: Always in Oaxaca avoid street front , this hotel has all the rooms to the back so you don't hear...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Puerto Vallarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel is just approx. 4 blocks from the Zocola situated on a quiet street. All the rooms open to the court yard so the street noise is minimized. We stayed in rm 208, it has a king size bed and is a good size room with a bath and shower combination. The water never got hot, we needed to let it run for awhile to just get it warm. The temp. in Oaxaca when we were there was around 35 so we didn't mind the show so much. The bed is hard like all beds in Mexico but included breakfast made up for it. The staff are very friendly and helpful, day staff spoke broken english but the other staff spoke no english. No air conditioning but the ceiling fan worked great to keep the temp. in the room nice.

Room Tip: we were in 208- king bed, it was nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Recently stayed here for one week and would definitely go again. Mario, as someone posted, is very helpful. When I got sick, the entire staff was attentive to my needs. They even arranged for a local store, The Magic Hand, to come up to the hotel and ship my luggage home for a very reasonable price. There are huge fans now installed in the rooms; they are as strong as an airplane propeller, and the rooms at the back are very quiet. Lovely atmosphere. I, too, missed the flight from Mexico City due to delays, a very common thing, and I wasn't charged for that first night.

Room Tip: stay at the back
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank scattinisf
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We'll never be able to give an opinion on the quality of the Aitana. Planning to attend a conference in Oaxaca, we made a reservation for two single rooms for two nights. Unfortunately our conference date was changed and we had to cancel the first night. The second night was to remain as originally scheduled - two single rooms. (This change was made three days in advance)
At three pm on the day of our arrival, a phone call was made to our home asking if we still planned to stay at the hotel. My wife answered yes, and that we were already at the airport about to board the plane to Oaxaca.
The hotel clerk then advised her that there was only single room available and insisted that she has made an error when the reservation was made. Although the original response from the hotel was "so sorry, it's your problem", at my wife's insistence the hotel found us rooms in another very nice hotel. We appreciate their efforts but fell that someone more important must have come along who needed our rooms. We are quite disappointed with the Aitana's irresponsibility.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SamBipe
HOTELAITANA, Gerente at Hotel Aitana, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Mr. Gardea;

First of all I want to apologize for the mistake we had to cancel your reservation for one of you´re rooms, Actually your wife called me the day September 3rd at one in the afternoon to tell me that she wanted to cancel one night of your stay personally I take the phone call and she told me "I have a reservation that my husband's name because it is only one night in Oaxaca" she never mentioned that there were two rooms thta she wanted to cancel one night of the two rooms,if she have told me I would noticed that was a reservation of two rooms.
But then when you came into the hotel Aitana the front desk person told you after he apologizes for this incovenent he sent to another hotel www.casadelasfloreshotel.com even though this hotel has a higher rate I talked to the manager of this hotel to charge you the same rate we had agreed with Aitana hotel.

Again I really an apology for this inconvenience but it is not right the way qualify us as we both had the blame in this matter and you did not stay at the hotel Aitana.

Also for hotel Aitana all guest are important and never cancel one reservation to allows other inn.

Sincerly

Mario Garcia
Paris, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is about six blocks from the zocalo. Ask for a room in the back because the rooms in the front are very noisy from the vehicles on the street. They have delicious breakfasts! All the hotel staff are friendly and work hard to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in May & really enjoyed my stay. The only negative would be that the room was very hot & leaving the window open meant that people walking by could see in.
The location is great, can walk everywhere. The staff were really helpful & friendly. The breakfast was good & varied & the wi-fi a bonus.
Would stay here again if I went to Oaxaca.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank NettsG
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

We could not have been happier in the hotel we chose for our stay in Oaxaca. My partner and I were traveling in Mexico toward the end of December 2011 and wanted to see for the first time Oaxaca. We loved the city and the surrounding area, and the people at Hotel Aitana were largely responsible for our happy stay. The hotel is well located in relationship to the historic parts of the city. For example, the hotel is within easy walking distance to the Zocalo, museums, and the numerous churches. The restaurants in the city are superb, giving us a good familiarity with the various mole sauces so well known in the area. Hotel Aitana is located on a busy street, but the design of the hotel in inwardly directed, providing very peaceful and quiet accommodations inside. The rooms are large and the bathroom is modern. The complimentary breakfasts served each morning were very large and always varied. The servers are very attentive and a joy to greet each morning. We did not know until it was too late that they actually serve dinners at the hotel, but we were able to buy wine by the bottle from the restaurant for our afternoon sipping. The weather when we were there was perfect every day, which made the Hotel's open air dining room a real pleasure during the day. The roof top garden is a perfect place to have a glass of wine (or two) and enjoy the great views over the city. We were very grateful to the hotel staff for guiding us in setting up tours of the area. I would recommend Hotel Aitana very highly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, which was very good. I think all of their rooms are good.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple