Hotel Aitana
$160
$153
$104
  • Restaurant
All reviewsceiling fanone way streetfew blocksno air conditioningcomida corridabusy streetthe hotel stafflarge courtyardsanto domingowithin walking distancefresh fruitbreakfast was includeddouble roomrooms are smallrooftop terracegranolacity
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We'll never be able to give an opinion on the quality of the Aitana. Planning to attend a conference in Oaxaca, we made a reservation for two single rooms for two nights. Unfortunately our conference date was changed and we had to cancel the first night. The second night was to remain as originally scheduled - two single rooms. (This change was made three days in advance)
At three pm on the day of our arrival, a phone call was made to our home asking if we still planned to stay at the hotel. My wife answered yes, and that we were already at the airport about to board the plane to Oaxaca.
The hotel clerk then advised her that there was only single room available and insisted that she has made an error when the reservation was made. Although the original response from the hotel was "so sorry, it's your problem", at my wife's insistence the hotel found us rooms in another very nice hotel. We appreciate their efforts but fell that someone more important must have come along who needed our rooms. We are quite disappointed with the Aitana's irresponsibility.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SamBipe
HOTELAITANA, Gerente at Hotel Aitana, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Mr. Gardea;

First of all I want to apologize for the mistake we had to cancel your reservation for one of you´re rooms, Actually your wife called me the day September 3rd at one in the afternoon to tell me that she wanted to cancel one night of your stay personally I take the phone call and she told me "I have a reservation that my husband's name because it is only one night in Oaxaca" she never mentioned that there were two rooms thta she wanted to cancel one night of the two rooms,if she have told me I would noticed that was a reservation of two rooms.
But then when you came into the hotel Aitana the front desk person told you after he apologizes for this incovenent he sent to another hotel www.casadelasfloreshotel.com even though this hotel has a higher rate I talked to the manager of this hotel to charge you the same rate we had agreed with Aitana hotel.

Again I really an apology for this inconvenience but it is not right the way qualify us as we both had the blame in this matter and you did not stay at the hotel Aitana.

Also for hotel Aitana all guest are important and never cancel one reservation to allows other inn.

Sincerly

Mario Garcia

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is about six blocks from the zocalo. Ask for a room in the back because the rooms in the front are very noisy from the vehicles on the street. They have delicious breakfasts! All the hotel staff are friendly and work hard to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in May & really enjoyed my stay. The only negative would be that the room was very hot & leaving the window open meant that people walking by could see in.
The location is great, can walk everywhere. The staff were really helpful & friendly. The breakfast was good & varied & the wi-fi a bonus.
Would stay here again if I went to Oaxaca.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NettsG
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We could not have been happier in the hotel we chose for our stay in Oaxaca. My partner and I were traveling in Mexico toward the end of December 2011 and wanted to see for the first time Oaxaca. We loved the city and the surrounding area, and the people at Hotel Aitana were largely responsible for our happy stay. The hotel is well located in relationship to the historic parts of the city. For example, the hotel is within easy walking distance to the Zocalo, museums, and the numerous churches. The restaurants in the city are superb, giving us a good familiarity with the various mole sauces so well known in the area. Hotel Aitana is located on a busy street, but the design of the hotel in inwardly directed, providing very peaceful and quiet accommodations inside. The rooms are large and the bathroom is modern. The complimentary breakfasts served each morning were very large and always varied. The servers are very attentive and a joy to greet each morning. We did not know until it was too late that they actually serve dinners at the hotel, but we were able to buy wine by the bottle from the restaurant for our afternoon sipping. The weather when we were there was perfect every day, which made the Hotel's open air dining room a real pleasure during the day. The roof top garden is a perfect place to have a glass of wine (or two) and enjoy the great views over the city. We were very grateful to the hotel staff for guiding us in setting up tours of the area. I would recommend Hotel Aitana very highly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, which was very good. I think all of their rooms are good.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Aitana is a great hotel, the only con thing is on a busy street and I had my elderly aunt with me. Breakfast was included very good selection including variety of juices and fruits. The staff was very nice, helped to book my tours. Loved the hotel is like an old casona, my room was on the first floor because no elevators here not a problem for me but a problem for my aunt. Room was nice, bathroom was clean and the water pressure was perfect. location was the best, everything that I wanted to see was within a walking distance. If I go to Oaxaca again I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with elderly people choose first floors, hotel has no elevator. Rooms are great!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family