Hostel Don Nino
$66
$63
$102
  • Restaurant
All reviewsado bus stationbean bagsprivate room with bathroomextremely helpful staffcommunal areasel llanofront desk staffsafe neighborhoodplace to staywalking distancebeautiful cityevery morningwould definitely stay here againfew blocksdorminternetpesos
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I would highly recommend Don Nino. I stayed in a dormitory for two months (I loved Oaxaca!): the staff were always friendly and helpful, there is a beautiful outdoor kitchen (but sheltered against rain and wind), and I don't think I have ever stayed in such a clean hostal! It's the type of accommodation that you look forward to returning to after an exhausting day out and about. Many free DVDs to chose from, a free glass of Mezcal every evening, 2 comfortable lounges, my bed made every day(!), free soap/shampoo, a comfortable mattress, free internet and breakfast, a lot of effort put into Day of the Dead and Christmas decorations (guests were invited to join in decorating the altar and each guest got their own sugar skull to place on the altar). The hostal is also in a lovely location - facing onto Parque El Llano - where there is always something interesting happening. And it's a great place to meet other guests!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2011

The location is nice, however you have to walk around 15-20 minutes to the zocalo it's next to nice small park where there is a lot going on. The room was very nic with big TV, nice furniture. The bathroom was slightly worse as the shower was a bit old but it was not so bad. There was complimentary bottled water and iron.
Breakfast was really nice different each time however for someone with good apetite it could be not enough.
We did not cook but there is very well equipped kitchen on the terrace. It was really nice place to sit with flowers.
There are 2 computers for guest use.
We could leave our baggage without any special pay for a couple of hours wich was nice.
Staff was really nice they gave us map and explained everything.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2011

This hotel has been one of the best hotels ive stayed in. They have very friendly staff I stayed there for 5 nights. My bed was done everyday & the room was vey clean. They help you find places to visit. The place was very clean including the bathrooms that also had warm water everyday. This was my first time in that beautiful city & overall I had a great experience special because I didn't have to learn much Spanish since the hotel had great bilingual staff. I will recomend this hotel to anyone who wants a clean & friendly enviroment.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I loved Oaxaca.
and my staying in the hostel. Was great, I was very comfortable.
The staff was very friendly and welcoming.
I also loved the fact that they were bilingual.
definitely great vacations!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Hostel Don nino was a great choice of hostel for us we were there for 3 nights and it was vey clean & comfortable. The best part was the very friendly staff they have who were very helpfull to us. This was my second time in Mexico & once again I felt like it was well payed off vacation.

• Stayed: February 2011