“Possibly Best in Oaxaca”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Los Pacos

Los Pacos
Ranked #26 of 461 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Los Paco's 7 Moles enhance and magnify the culinary fusion with the variety of flavours, colors and ingredients within. Oaxacan 7 Moles are product of the evolution of Mexican history culture where food is now considered as UNESCO intangible cultural heritage that summon the ancestral way of life. Our handmade Oaxacan Mole sauces are considered a culinary experience that involves several processes of transformation where all the ingredients fried, baked or smoked, mixed with the other fresh ingredients in a slow cook period in copper pots into a slow and low fires traditional of mexican gastronomy.
California
“Possibly Best in Oaxaca”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Los Pacos is well-appointed and conveniently located near the center of Oaxaca. Like most places in the greater Oaxaca area, it seems to specialize in mole. One thing that my friends and I liked -- a lot! -- was that they bring out tortillas and samples of six different moles before you order so you can have your dish "customized" with the mole you like best. Plus, it's a great way to understand the variety of moles you'll see on menus. Food and service were both excellent; I highly recommend Los Pacos.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Christine B

Portland, Oregon
“Regional cooking”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Good varied menu showing regional cooking. Reasonably priced. Recommended to us by a local friend. Near zocalo.

Atlanta
“Very authentic”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was a fun time! They featured the ant larvae which were in season. My husband tried them, I did not! The food was good, and the mezcal by the bottle fun! I think you would enjoy an evening there, but not a romantic place. The lighting is very bright, and there are lots of kids!

Visited July 2013
Kingston, Ontario
“Delicious food”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and a varied menu. They have a very good mole selection and the mole is excellent. Prices were very reasonable and the service attentive (but not horribly friendly). It is located walking distance from the Zocalo and most of the downtown hotels. The drinks selection is varied except for wine where you only have the choice of the House brand. We will return to this restaurant for the food.

• Visited July 2013
“Was Hoping for More ....”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Oaxacan food is iconic ... So,why is it so difficult to find someplace in Oaxaca that excels in it? Los Pacos was recommended to me by a local resident and I had high hopes for it. My first impression was good: nice location, not too close to the commercial zocalo, but nearby, and the interior was homey, comfortable, without coming off as contrived. My waiter was very attentive and helpful, but I don't think he understood what I wanted to eat. Granted, the menu's in Spanish and I can generally read a Spanish menu, but there were too many things on this menu that I could not make heads or tails of. I asked the waiter for a suggestion and he pointed to a sampler in the appetizers section. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Haven't I seen enough horrible tiki platters in my day to know this was not going to bode well for me? It didn't. I fell just short of hating it. Oaxacan? Really? A full one third of the plate was occupied by pork rinds and string cheese (chicharron and Oaxacan
queso), the reminding items were standard Mexican fare: a chile rellano (cold and soggy), two pieces or pork ribs (deep fried and pretty good), a lonely piece of this steak languishing under it all, and tow flautas (so deep fried I could not cut it initially). There was a red mole on the plate and it was good but not great. Oh how I wish I could turn back time. The one silver lining: the only dish I chose - a zucchini blossom soup with corn: it was delicious. I had two sangrias with my meal and total cost including drinks and tip was $34.00 - Way too much for such a flaccid, pedestrian dish.

1 Thank washwestcc