“Was Hoping for More ....”
Review of Los Pacos

Los Pacos
Ranked #25 of 511 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Los Paco's 7 Moles enhance and magnify the culinary fusion with the variety of flavours, colors and ingredients within. Oaxacan 7 Moles are product of the evolution of Mexican history culture where food is now considered as UNESCO intangible cultural heritage that summon the ancestral way of life. Our handmade Oaxacan Mole sauces are considered a culinary experience that involves several processes of transformation where all the ingredients fried, baked or smoked, mixed with the other fresh ingredients in a slow cook period in copper pots into a slow and low fires traditional of mexican gastronomy.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Oaxacan food is iconic ... So,why is it so difficult to find someplace in Oaxaca that excels in it? Los Pacos was recommended to me by a local resident and I had high hopes for it. My first impression was good: nice location, not too close to the commercial zocalo, but nearby, and the interior was homey, comfortable, without coming off as contrived. My waiter was very attentive and helpful, but I don't think he understood what I wanted to eat. Granted, the menu's in Spanish and I can generally read a Spanish menu, but there were too many things on this menu that I could not make heads or tails of. I asked the waiter for a suggestion and he pointed to a sampler in the appetizers section. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Haven't I seen enough horrible tiki platters in my day to know this was not going to bode well for me? It didn't. I fell just short of hating it. Oaxacan? Really? A full one third of the plate was occupied by pork rinds and string cheese (chicharron and Oaxacan
queso), the reminding items were standard Mexican fare: a chile rellano (cold and soggy), two pieces or pork ribs (deep fried and pretty good), a lonely piece of this steak languishing under it all, and tow flautas (so deep fried I could not cut it initially). There was a red mole on the plate and it was good but not great. Oh how I wish I could turn back time. The one silver lining: the only dish I chose - a zucchini blossom soup with corn: it was delicious. I had two sangrias with my meal and total cost including drinks and tip was $34.00 - Way too much for such a flaccid, pedestrian dish.

1  Thank washwestcc

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We loved the opportunity to sample the different types of mole before choosing our favorite. The freshly made fruit juice drinks were outstanding. If you are looking for a very nice restaurant you can't miss at this one.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Needing a place for dinner and not wanting to walk far, we went to Los Pacos at the recommendation of the hotel. We sat on the terrace, which was a bit of a mistake because the wind was chilly. The earnest waitress helped us understand the menu even though she didn't speak English. We had lovely soups and salads and a tlayuda. Very good prices. When we left around 9, the interior was full of Oaxacans.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our group met for dinner at Los Pacos and were completely underwhelmed. The tasting menu is a good idea, but very expensive. Drinks are not listed and be careful! A glass of cheap wine cost me 8 dollars. Since there is no price list for drinks, I think the staff use this as a way to pad their pockets. The other Los Pacos in Reforma is supposed to be fabulous! Go there instead.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The food was just plain average. I expected a bit more from this place. The service was below average. Waiters just don't seem to be attentive.