“Nice place, ok food, expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Tierra de Vinos - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Condesa
Cross street: Medellin & Valladolid
Tequisquiapan, Mexico
“Nice place, ok food, expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Both my wife and I expected more from this place. The food ranged from ok to mediocre, and the recommendations from the service and the chef were completely wrong.

The restaurant tries to be some spnaish italian international cuisine, but I'm from Spain and I can tell you it fails.

As for the wine selection of the cellar it seemed very standard and the wines we tried were not so good.

The desserts we had were very disappointing...

All in all the experience was not so good and the money was not worth it.

• Visited March 2012

vancouver
“Good tapas and great wine list in Colonia Roma”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Had not been to MC for 10 years as worried about security. This trip, never felt safer anywhere, lots of security everywhere. Tierra de Vinos is in a nice neighbourhood (Colonia Roma). All the wine available is laid out in alcoves by country of origin, so you can browse the bottles. Service attentive and friendly. Our party of 6 shared some tapas then a few main courses, food was better than I expected. Would definitely return. Nice ambience.

• Visited July 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice wine cellar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

I took my parents for lunch to Tierra de Vinos because a friend of mine used to be part of the accounting group for this place and he recommended it. Food was good, we had a nice red wine from Chile. We enjoyed the dessert.
I thought their wine cellar display was nice.

Mexico City, Mexico
“great wine list, no drinks, good food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2009

great wine list, no drinks, good food.

Mexico City, Mexico
“Food +/-, wine selection is poor and that's what should matter there.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

I went to have lunch, but obviously my main interest was to fill my wine appetite, not my tummy, so even food was ok, not the best I've tried, but ok, wine selection was really poor, left me unsatisfied. I went by my own so I wanted wine by the glass, I like reds, only 7 or 8 reds in their menu. Then I asked for a barbera, which wasn't in the menu and I was told it was only sold by the bottle so whatever I wanted a barbera so asked for their barberas selection and no barberas!!! Any!!! I then asked for an Argentinian Malbec and guess what, they were out of it. , I wasn't asking for something ultra special so I was very disappointed with this place called Tierra de Vinos/Land of Wines, where I couldn't find mines, So I'll just recommend for only those who can take any from their poor selection and not particular about a grape type.