“One Year Ago Today...”
Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 159 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 24, 2009

and I still dream about this place!

Just realized I took my trip to Mexico City one year ago this week and stayed at the Red Tree House the whole time. Lovely does not even begin to describe my experience.

I can't believe it was a year ago and I am still dreaming about the red tree house. What I can't stop thinking about:

1. sweet abril the dog
2. red wine in front of the fireplace on chilly evenings
3. delicious breakfasts with freshly made tortillas and tasty fresh squeezed juices
4. the fragrant fresh flowers situated throughout the house
5. the wonderful hospitality and conversation with Jorge and Craig and other RTH guests

I want to go back to Mexico City purely to stay here again!

Amazing, amazing, amazing.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Red Tree House

Reviewed November 21, 2009

We stayed at the RTH for a week in October and it was an incredible experience. Craig, Jorge, Tessy, and Ernesto were all so friendly and warm. One night I was not feeling so well and was not up to going out and they actually made me some quesadillas, this is just one example of the level of hospitality you will find here. Spending time exchanging ideas and tips with the owners, staff, and other guests added so much to our trip and it is the atmosphere at the RTH that makes this possible. Comfortable and stylish rooms, help arranging excursions, delicious breakfasts, great location, and wonderful people, we can't recommend the RTH enough!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KOA78
Reviewed November 20, 2009

perfect location, wonderful owners and staff, clean and well put together. we will be back.

1  Thank teresitalamos
Reviewed November 18, 2009

First the good news: everything written here so far about the Red Tree House is true. I can find absolutely no fault with the management or staff. They are kind, interested, knowledgeable and truly involved with their guests to be sure that their time here is comfortable, safe, and enjoyable.
However, I have also noticed that nearly every review that I have read here has been written by short term guests staying for no longer and usually considerably less than one week.
I have just finished a month's stay at the Red Tree House. I was offered an excellent deal, and it was worth every penny. Unfortunately they put me in a very noisy room in the main part of the house where every night I could hear the happy, and often loud and alcohol fueled chatter of other guests. Now, sometimes I joined in, but being an early retirer, and riser, who doesn't really care for alcohol my preference has been to go to sleep early, usually around ten, ten-thirty at the latest. When I complained about the noise (which occasionally went on past midnight) I was told that they were not going to give me another room and that basically I would have to put up or shut up. This was for me upsetting and humiliating, as, being a guest there I felt pretty vulnerable and very much at their mercy. Finally after three weeks, when the bathroom I was sharing with another guest began to leak yet again from the ceiling, they finally put me in a quiet room facing trhe courtyard, with a private bathroom. For some reason they had not figured out that a guest staying with them for as long as a month might benefit from having a private bathroom, especially given that most of their rooms have private baths and I had reserved nine months in advance, giving them plenty of time to find me something.
Their dog, Abril is a very loveable creature, by the way. However, her habit of mooching every morning at the breakfast table was at times annoying to me and to other guests, and I feel that they might consider training her better, or restraining her from breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
5  Thank Aaronbz
Reviewed November 18, 2009

This place is awesome! Excellent staff, great rooms, yummy breakfast (and hey they throw in a little wine and tequila on the house!) I stayed in the "Tree House" which as a single traveler, I loved. Hands down, recommend this place! (ps - make sure you go to the Torre tower at night to see the city from the 41st floor bar and pujol has a yummy ($55) tasting menu of mexican fusion food.

Reviewed November 15, 2009

I have been using TA for years to find places to stay. This is one of the finest places I have ever stayed. The staff Jorge, Tessy and Ernesto (plus all the rest of the staff) are truly interested in making your stay a wonderful experience. As others have noted the rooms and common areas are elegant and the courtyard is beautiful. Just what you need after a long day taking in the sights. For those missing their dog (I was!) Abril was a godsend. As the previous poster noted (I think I was there at the same time) the guests who choose the RTH are as interesting as the City. Great conversation with great guests in a truly remarkable hotel makes for a truly great vacation.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank redman4203
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience at the Red Tree House was when I stayed there last week with my sister. The staff was incredibly friendly, welcoming, and helpful with any and all requests, from arranging transportation for sightseeing to providing restaurant recommendations, and a patient ear for rusty or aspiring Spanish speakers. Jorge, Tessy, and Ernesto truly welcome each guest as family and go above and beyond to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The guests they attract just enhance the experience further - you are likely find yourself engaged in interesting conversations with people from all over the world. Or, if you prefer, the comfortable and beautiful rooms provide the perfect environment to retire for a quiet night on your own. Either way, the Red Tree House is truly a gem and is worth a trip to Mexico City just to stay there - the fact that there is so much to do in the city itself just becomes a bonus on top of this lovely B&B experience. Can't wait to go back!