“Red Tree House excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 141 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Sydney
“Red Tree House excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2008

Stayed 3 days. B&B is in Condesa, a good area of Mexico City. Plenty of restaurants around and easy walking distance to hop-on-hop-off bus. Building is old but well maintained & decorated. Location is a little noisy but probably typical of most in a busy. Room, linen, towels clean and fresh. Pre-dinner drinks with staff & other guests a nice bonus. Good breakfast with a local touch. Staff excellent and very helpful with advice before and during stay.

• Liked — Location, staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Finnish first
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2008

Trust the positive reviews of Red Tree House here because this B&B is very good. We spent 5 nights at RTH at the start and end of 3 weeks in Mexico. Our room was small but well furnished and comfortable. An attractive interior courtyard garden separated our room from the dining area and lounge.

Breakfast, served between 8 and 10 am, was all we desired: fresh tea and coffee, juice, baked goods, fruits, yogurt and main plates such as scrambled eggs and ham or bread shells with frijoles and fresh homemade salsa. There was plenty of food, even for the largest of appetites.

The real quality of RTH though is the human part. The owners were always available to advise and assist. We got excellent restaurant and visitor information and a friendly reception. They arranged a car and driver for us. Enrique, an excellent driver and city guide, was also a trustworthy, sincere and friendly person. We used his services on 3 days, including a return trip to Teotihuacan, and believe the costs were excellent value. Thank you to RTH for connecting us.

Other guests sharing the B&B included people from America, Australia, Canada and Britain. We enjoyed swapping travelers' stories at the breakfast table.

One other benefit: Within easy walking distance are a number of excellent dining spots including one directly across the street that is one of Mexico City's better restaurants.

• Liked — Friendly and helpful staff
  • Disliked — Everything OK
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Norman F
St. John
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

I had read all the positive reviews of the Red Tree House on TA and, thought this B&B may be too good to be true, but, I also could not find fault with the place. I stayed for 7 days in September and I absolutely loved it!! After trips to Oaxaca City and Vera Cruz, I made a point to return and booked two extra nights at the end of my trip, which I had not originally planned.
Jorge and Craig, the owners, were wonderful and accommodating, as well as Adrien and Alfredo....not to mention their very nice cleaning and cooking staff. I stayed at the Red Tree penthouse, and, although, small, it was so comfy and private. Nice pillows, soft mattress, and comforter and very tastefully decorated. I stayed in two different rooms for my remaining two nights in the DF and I also could not find fault with them. Even the shared-bathroom, rooms are very nice and loved the way they were decorated.
I really felt like I had met "family" there during my stay as everyone was so helpful as far as giving travel advice, and eager to help with almost anything. Meeting other fellow travellers was also a bonus, because the place was small and not like an impersonal hotel. Of, course, I fell in love with Abril, the beautiful Labrador, but that was not hard to do!!. The morning breakfast was wonderful, with fresh fruit, yoghurt, freshly squeezed orange juice, pastries and something cooked hot each morning, if we desired. The neighborhood was wonderful, with leafy streets, parks and lots of restaurants. I felt safe as a lone female walking at night. Proximity to metro train and buses and taxis was a short walk. Thank you ever so much for making my stay so wonderful in such a great City, Jorge!!!

• Liked — I loved everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank dianaussie
CA, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2008

I stayed at the RTH for a long weekend and like a previous poster, I felt like I was visiting friends. Jorge and Craig were amazing hosts, extremelly helpful, warm and caring. The staff was also very friendly and even the dog, Avril, was a sweetheart!

The location is perfect and the house is beautiful. I stayed at the little tree house and it was ideal for one person and very private.

The house is only a few blocks from the metro, the touribus and a taxi sitio. There are restaurantes all over the area, including one right across the street.

Couldn't recommend it enough!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
miami, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2008

My girlfriend and I were lucky enough to spend a night at the Red Tree House in late August of 2008. The property was lovely and our room, the petit penthouse, was so romantic. What it lacked in size (it was rather small), it more than made up for in character and style. It was also very private and had its own patio overlooking the courtyard.

Breakfast in the main house was delicious. It consisted of fresh fruits and juices, yogurt, an assortment of breads and croussants, Mexican style scrambled eggs, and coffee.

My favorite part of our stay, however, was sharing great conversation over a few glasses of red wine with our gracious host and other houseguests in the evening. It felt like we were visiting old friends with really excellent guest quarters. If I'm ever in Condessa again, I will definitely check on the Red Tree House's availability.

• Liked — The staff
1 Thank CarlosRaurell
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2008

My husband and I stayed one night at the Red Tree House in the Oaxaca suite and would _highly_ recommend it to anyone visiting Mexico City. Jorge welcomed us into his beautiful home and treated us like family. At every opportunity, Jorge went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed and special. We were simply blown away with his hospitality, as were our friends (who weren't even staying there!) We really felt like we were coming home.
The suite itself was beautiful. It has a small sitting area, bedroom, and an ensuite bathroom. Everything is exquisitely decorated. The entire house is gorgeous, in fact. And even Abril, the dog, is lovely!
Our experience at the Red Tree House was unsurpassed. Thank you Jorge!

• Liked — Jorge's phenomenal hospitality, beautiful decor
  • Disliked — nothing
portland, or
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2008

As noted on the prior posts, this is an amazing B and B in a fabulous Mexico City neighborhood. The stay exceeded our already high expectations in every way. We celebrated an anniversary and a birthday at the inn. As pet owners we must also note is was nice to "borrow" Avirl, the house lab, during our stay to get our dog fix! Thank you, Kathy and Phil Belcher

• Liked — hospitality
  • Disliked — none