“Can't say enough good about The Red Tree House”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 141 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Palm Springs, California
“Can't say enough good about The Red Tree House”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I can't take credit for finding this gem, my traveling partners did. But boy am I glad that they did. This was one of the best traveling experiences of my life. The location was perfect. We had the penthouse, which was perfect. The staff is perfect. My only problem was not staying a couple more days. This will be remedied in the future as I will definitely return and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Finnish first
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Having stayed at the Red Tree House for a number of years on my way to and from Vancouver to Puerto Escondido, I cannot recommend this lovely B&B highly enough. Recently I was caught up in the disaster in Acapulco. After 6 days I was finally evacuated by the army back to Mexico. Jorge, Craig, Ernesto, Victor, Alejandro y Martine all greeted me with hugs as if I was a family member.
Although they are always helpful this was way beyond the call of duty. From laundry done to meals provided they were wonderful.
If every one is visiting Mexico either enroute or to enjoy this great city, please make The Red Tree House your home away from home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Maureen D
San Pedro, Belize
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our stay at the The Red Tree House was not quite like any stay we've ever had. It was a bit like staying in your rich, eccentric Uncle's house, who has impeccable taste and the most interesting and eclectic group of friends. Our room was comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated. The B&B itself is styled beautifully from top to bottom with every detail, very obviously, lovingly selected. There is beautiful artwork around every corner and even a friendly labrador to lie by your feet while you share traveling tales with other guests during happy hour in the lounge. The choice of breakfast option was perfect, whether you felt conservative or daring and I have no idea what the staff are drinking, but whatever it is, I'd like some please. Without exception they were warm, friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The location was in a truly gorgeous part of town and was perfectly convenient for everything. Our stay was far too short, but we still left feeling like family and we cannot wait to come back. Mexico City is truly fabulous, but The Red Tree House makes it just a little bit more fabulous.

1 Thank collyk
Eilat, Israel
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Warm, friendly and helpfull staff. Very good room and homy breakfast.
Beautiful resedential area, good restaurents and coffee shops, easy to get around.
Cosult the hotel staff, they know it all.
Highly recomended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Hedi92
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I rented out the penthouse from Sept 3rd-9th. The convenience in having two large bedrooms and two washrooms with a beautifully decorated and spacious living/kitchen space was simply fabulous. As always, this being my second trip, the gracious family of The Tree House was hospitable and very attentive. For my family this is the one and only stop in D.F. The breakfasts were delicious. Victor took the time to introduce everyone during the wine hour and made certain that everyone was chit chatting and enjoying their drink.
Thankyou Ernesto for being so sweet and Jorge for your consideration and kindness. Love the new art pieces.....missed seeing Craig.

1 Thank 345Darka345
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great room, very convenient location especially for a foodie traveller like me. The area is surrounded by many very very good restaurants in easy walking distance.We were greeted on arrival and asked to join a group of other travellers for a drink in the beautiful lounge room by the fire. The breakfast is delicious and the friendly atmosphere created by the owners and their staff made our stay with them a joy. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diana W
San Leandro, California
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Red Tree House is an exceptional place to stay in Mexico City. Our room was comfortable and cozy. The 7:00 pm gathering with wine was lovely and relaxing. The neighborhood is comfortable and beautiful. There are many wonderful restaurants within walking distance. Saying all this, the B&B's best asset is their staff. They are engaging, warm and treat you like a long lost friend, even on your first visit. They were incredibly helpful in finding a tour that met our needs. Abril, the house dog, is well trained and the perfect addition to the staff. Our one and only complaint - our room could of had more storage. Both the closet and dressers were too small for our clothes and luggage.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple