“A welcoming oasis”
Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 159 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Red Tree House is a perfect place to relax and unwind from bustling Mexico City. The staff is wonderfully helpful and congenial. For us, what stands out most is the lovely, convivial atmosphere. If you enjoy meeting interesting people, making new friends, trading travel tips and adventures, you will love The Red Tree House. Please note that if you crave privacy or want a romantic retreat, this hotel might not be the best option. We were looking for a home away from home, however, and were very happy with our choice. The hotel is on a residential street in a neighborhood that has great restaurant choices and the hotel is just a couple of blocks from a Metro station. If you plan to use taxis, I recommend carrying a map with the hotel's location (or directions) as cab drivers may not be familiar with the details of the area.

The hotel is immaculately clean and beautifully maintained. We stayed in a garden room, quite small (as the hotel advises) and has a small patio to separate the room from the outdoor public areas. Sound definitely travels into the room but all was quiet during normal sleeping hours. Breakfasts were delicious and vegetarian requests were accommodated. However, we cannot claim a perfect stay, as we did run out of hot water in the shower (after just a minute or two) on two mornings for our four night stay and found the pillows so firm as to be remarkably uncomfortable. A comfortable bed and a hot shower are basic requirements for a hotel, in my book, so the four star rating for The Red Tree House speaks to the excellence of the hotel's other attributes in outweighing these essentials.

5  Thank ojerio
There are newer reviews for The Red Tree House

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The folks at The Red Tree House have kept in mind ALL the meticulous details without sacrificing clean, safe rooms (i.e., Hilton Garden Inn - Jacksonville Airport). I knew that it was going to be a marvelous stay upon entering the front door and being greeted immediately by Ernesto into such tranquil ambiance - the house seemed to be awaiting my arrival. He swiftly took my baggage and effortlessly had me in my room, all while simultaneously and seamlessly checking-in another guest. BRAVO! Next, Craig helped me with restaurant plans and how to avoid dawdling time in a megalopolis. He must have eaten at every restaurant in Mexico City and serves as an excellent "Zagat" resource. FIVE STARS!! Later, as I fumbled for the B&B's front door key - it was miraculously opened by some guy. That "guy" turned out to be Jorge, who has been designing a beautification garden for the community. STANDING OVATIONS!!! I could go on, but you get the point. The guys at TRTH have missed their calling. Victor, Alejandro, Ricardo, Tezzy, Martin, Abril, and staff need to train the BIG guys - starting with the Hilton Garden Inn, Jacksonville Airport - to do what you do!

Room Tip: Culiacan is the largest bedroom on the second floor of the house and has a great loveseat. Culiacan...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank marsharenya
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Nice rooms, incredible staff, amazing food! This is the perfect hotel for those who want a small, boutique hotel, that does everything right. Breakfasts are amazing, and the staff goes that extra mile to make you feel like you are at home. Recommend to anyone traveling to Mexico City!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

After reading all the reviews we were very happy to secure a reservation for our 4 night stay in mexico city. Our garden patio room was clean and comfortable and the shower one of the most powerful I've ever experienced!

The area, Condesa, is lovely; lots of nice restaurants and bars and it felt safe walking around day and night.

After a day of exploring the happy 'hour' was definitely worth joining as it was great to meet other guests and get some tips on where to go. The wine flowed, as did some very funny conversations.

The hotel is very cute and stylish and the staff were fantastic. Everyone goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful. We had a fantastic trip to the pyramids with Victor who is an absolute delight so I highly recommend if he is available.

All in all I can fully understand why this place is #1

1  Thank Naomi K
Reviewed August 11, 2013

It really is everything you here and more. From the moment you arrive and the minute you leave, everyone is super nice. It's the first place where I hugged the folks in the B&B goodbye when I left.

The B&B is not too far from the airport. You really have to look at the directions on their website because many taxi drivers (including our own) did not know where this street was. Condessa is fantastic (don't stay anywhere else) and there are many great restaurants around the hotel. The neighborhood is full of interesting art deco buildings. We were upgraded to a suite which made me never want to leave. The owners and everyone who works there is so genuinely nice and helpful. Highly recommended is a trip to the pyramids with Victor. He is very nice and knowledgeable. He squeezed in a few other sightseeing places on the way back.

The breakfast was very filling and the coffee is great. Make sure you keep time to sit leisurely in the courtyard to have breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel (don't stay anywhere else!) and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sid_brooklyn
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Like many, we were referred by a friend, and The Red Tree House did not disappoint. The highest accolade one can give a B&B, hotel or restaurant is "I can hardly wait to come back." My wife and I and another couple took the Penthouse, and it is terrific. Service is outstanding, even making me bland breakfast because of health reasons while everyone else was feasting on what they said were terrific Mexican breakfasts. Kuddos to entire staff, and Abril!

Room Tip: They are all good.
2  Thank DuaneSandul
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This beautiful B&B was recommended to us by a friend, and it was one of the loveliest and friendliest places we have ever stayed! The rooms themselves are modern and beautiful, with convenient yet arty accents and wonderful bathrooms. The courtyard is a calm and beautiful place to eat breakfast or plan your day, and the other common areas (dining room and living room) are inviting and comfortable complete with beautiful pieces of art. Our hosts were Ernesto and Alejandro--and both went out of their way to assist us. Alejandro sat with my husband for about 15 minutes one morning helping him map out our Metro route for the day. The breakfasts are delicious and filling--and in the early evenings wine is usually served. This is an absolutely lovely place, you will love if if you stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family