“Maravilloso! Great people, great neighborhood, great place.”
Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 161 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I'll add my voice to the chorus of praise for this casa where you will feel at home as if among old amigos. I spent four nights over Labor Day weekend. You would expect to pay much more for such a beautiful place: Colorful, cheery, authentic, spacious, intimate, comfortable. The staff are warm and accommodating, treating guests like family. They offer tons of advice and help in planning excursions. The breakfasts were delicious and the afternoon wine gathering was friendly and fun. The crowd was very international. I chummed up with two other single travelers--one on business from Spain and one on holiday from Texas--and we went exploring together a couple of days. I was able to use my Spanish, but the staff are all fluent in English. I stayed in a lovely, though not large, room high up in their "Rama del Arbol" house across the street. It opens onto a huge patio--shared with only one other room--which I had to myself most of the time. The patio is a great place to sit and relax among the tree tops. The neighborhood is tranquil but close to lots of restaurants and bars. Transit is within walking distance. I needed to get stitches removed and the staff gave me options and their advice on which option was cheaper and quicker but still perfectly good. I chose to see the on-call doctor at the pharmacy around the corner. The doctor told me the wound wasn't ready yet and to come back the next day, and I did. It cost me $2 to have five stitches removed from my forehead. I love Mexico, and I love this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ArlieinChicago

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was our first time in Mexico City and The Red Tree House made our stay truly wonderful. We learned about the B&B from a friend who used to live in Mexico City and told us it was by far the best place to stay. She was completely right. The staff were all lovely and so helpful. They called us cabs, gave us great suggestions for places to eat around Condesa and worked hard to create a welcoming atmosphere for the guests to get to know one another. They have free (and fast!) wifi, delicious breakfast that was always ready on time and they provide beer and wine at night for guests to sit around and get to know one another.

One night we were eating at the same restaurant as the owners and they invited us for a drink after our meal to chat. They are truly wonderful, welcoming people who love bringing their guests together to get to know one another and share their experiences. We will definitely be staying here on our subsequent visits to Mexico City!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

It was our first time in Mexico City, and our stay at The Red Tree House was perfect. You can believe what you read here: the staff (Ernesto, Eduardo, and Victor) and the owners (Jorge and Craig) are superb hosts. You can look forward to an excellent breakfast each day, help and advice about every aspect of Mexico City (including some excellent restaurant suggestions), and convivial evening gathering of guests to chat with about everything under the sun.

We stayed in the Tree House room (it is small for two people, but workable if you don't have a lot of luggage) and enjoyed our roof-top view of the patio from its private terrace. The Chilpancingo Metro/Metrobus stop is a few minutes walk and was the basis for us getting around Mexico City. You also can easily walk to Chapultepec Park from the hotel; on a Tuesday you can stop on the way at the La Condesa Market. For that matter, the Jamaica flower market is four Metro stops away, and you can get flowers for your room at incredibly low prices.

All in all, our weeklong stay there was one of the best travel experiences we've had

Room Tip: The Tree House room has a very nice private patio, but don't book it unless you are comfortable...
Reviewed March 26, 2013

A simple but perfect B & B in a quiet section of Mexico City. Rooms were on the small side but adequate. Breakfasts were lovely.
But What makes it special is the personal service especially from victor who could not be more helpful.
He picked us up from the airport, made restaurant reservations, ordered car service, and found us an excellent inexpensive guide to tour the city ( $200 for 8 hours)
One could not expect better from a 5 star hotel concierge who would expect a generous tip.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

A friend and I stayed here on 2 occasions in January and February having read about it on Trip Advisor and it certainly lived up to our expectations. The service from all the staff was outstanding - they chased up missing bags, answered queries about ATMs, restaurants, local attractions and booked taxis. Nothing was too much trouble and they made us feel like long lost friends when we returned from our trip to Cuba. The booking process was really easy and staff always replied promptly to emails as they are on duty 24 hours a day.
We had been warned about how dangerous Mexico City was but felt very safe in the Condesa and walked to local restaurants every night. The house itself was charming and the beautiful garden courtyard was a haven of tranquillity in a bustling city. We really enjoyed talking with staff and other travellers every evening and the complementary drinks were an added bonus. We stayed in 2 different rooms in the garden and both were lovely. Breakfast was freshly prepared and eaten at a large communal table. Internet access was free and very quick. If I ever return to Mexico City, I would definitely stay here and will happily recommend it to my friends.
As drivers often had trouble finding the place, I would definitely advise printing off the detailed directions that you get when booking and show them to the drivers. When we did this, we had no problem.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beanmaire
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We've stayed at The Red Tree House a couple of times, and can't wait to go back. The facility is beautifully done with thoughtfully appointed rooms and a lovely garden. However what sets The Red Tree House apart is the owners and staff warmth and care for every guest. Jorge, Craig, Ernesto and Victor make everyone staying there feel at home. They bring great heart to their work, sharing an easy hospitality that attracts wonderful guests from around the world. On various mornings we shared breakfast with visitors from London, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, Ohio, LA, and Italy, to name a few. And Craig is an absolute genius at introducing guests to each other and turning the encounters into wonderful get-togethers.

This is a gem. Added to this, the neighborhood -- Condesa --is great for walking, and full of restaurants, bistros, and cute shops.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Warm helpful and gracious staff. Beautiful rooms - we stayed in the Lafayette suite. Lots of restaurants to choose from in walking distance. Yummy breakfast provided. 20 minutes from airport in peak hour. We will be staying there again.