The Red Tree House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mexico City
See available hotels
Casa Mali by Dominion(Mexico City)
FlowSuites Condesa(Mexico City)
Maria Condesa(Mexico City)
Hippodrome Hotel(Mexico City)
Condesa DF(Mexico City)
Hotel Roosevelt(Mexico City)
Hotel Escandon(Mexico City)
1,111 results
All reviewsother guestsb bgarden roomthe main househouse dogwine hourmexican specialtythe penthouseplace to stayevery morningcondesa neighborhoodinteresting peopleevery eveningchurroshome away from homewonderful hostsbreakfast and happy hour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2008

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2008

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2008

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, my husband and I booked a room at the Red Tree House. For those concerned about making a reservation and having it confirmed by credit card - please don't worry. Jorge was terrific! We arrived around midnight and were greeted by the owners and their dog. They couldn't have been more pleasant. Our room was comfortable and clean with nice linens. Breakfast the next morning was great - wonderful fresh fruit. We hate staying at hotel chains and loved the comfortable atmosphere at the Red Tree. Jorge was so sweet as well as his dog! Thank you for a wonderful stay, we just wish it could've been more than one night! I'll be posting some pictures soon.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2008

All the reviews are true!

I booked my stay here via e-mail after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. I was a bit nervous because I didn't secure my reservation with a credit card or anything. Little did I know that I had no need to be concerned.

Jorge kindly greeted us upon arrival. He handed us bottles of water and asked us about our trip. He showed us to our rooms, kindly carrying our luggage up the stairs. He inquired about our plans, directed us to several dining options, which he pointed out on a map he provided. He showed us how to use our keys... Obviously, this place is all about the details.

In the morning, despite the fact that we woke up quite late, Jorge offered breakfast, which was delicious. He chatted us up while we enjoyed our food and pet Abril, his v. social dog. Upon our return later in the evening, we enjoyed some wine and conversation with other guests and Jorge's friends in the dining room.

Such a wonderful treat!

Rooms are spacious and wonderful. Internet is great! Hot water and all amenities are perfect. Condesa is THE place to stay in Mexico City because it is far enough from the chaos and close enough to the sights. Most importantly, it is a friendly neighborhood with wonderful people.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2008

(see below for some specific information about this property after all of the gushing compliments)

Wow...I don't know what to write. I was determined to find something negative to say about this inn, especially since every post below this is so positive. After spending 6 days there all I can come up with is...I wish I had a larger mirror in my room.

This place is truly, truly, truly amazing. It doesn't feel like staying in a hotel (or B&B). It feels like you are staying at a close friend or relative's house. Words cannot describe the warmth and hospitality given by Jorge, the owner. The posts below are 100% accurate about how nice it is to stay here.

So, instead of repeating all of that, I will give some practical information. For more details about the inn, feel free to email me (tripadvisor@vkmsolutions.com) or check out my website at (http://reports.mathewsweb.net) for our trip report which will include specific details about the inn.

We are a family of 5 - two girls ages 12 and 14 and a son age 10. We stayed here March 20th - March 26th, 2008.

Attached to my post are some pictures of the inn. A couple are of my kids dying Easter eggs with Jorge - a custom he wasn't familiar with, but attacked with gusto.

The Red Tree House is two houses in one. The first is the main house and consists of a living room, dining room, bedroom with ensuite bath, two bedrooms with shared baths, and a penthouse (there is also a very small extra bedroom). Behind the main house and separated by a small garden/patio is the garden house. This has two bedrooms on the first floor, and then another two bedrooms on the second and third floors respectively. All bedrooms in the garden house have an ensuite bath. There is a washer/dryer and stove that you can use. A light breakfast is served in the morning (juice, croissants/muffins/bread, fruit, and sometimes eggs or quesadillas). A lovely dog (see pictures) also inhabits the house.

The inn is about a 15min drive away from the airport. Because we were 5, we needed to take a van. The cost was 250 pesos.

Directly across the street is a small store where you can buy soda, water, chips, and ice cream. There is also a pretty fountain a couple of houses away. A grocery store is a 5min walk away.

The nearest metro, Chilpancingo, is a 5-10min walk away.

Chapultepec park is a 20-30min walk away. Park Mexico is a 10 min walk away.

Again, more details and some great stories in my trip report.

Kevin