“Home away from home...”
Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 167 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We found The Red Tree House through TripAdvisor comments and were thrilled that it lived up to all the high ratings. The team at The Red Tree House offer a real sanctuary and we felt very much as though we were staying with friends rather than paying for a room! Located in a quiet, more upmarket neighbourhood in the heart of Mexico City, the B+B has compact but well-appointed rooms with real character. The dining area and lounge gives the guests an opportunity to meet over delicious breakfasts (try the sugar sticks - they are divine!) or over a complementary glass of wine in the evenings. Time was well-spent chatting with other guests and learning about their experiences in Mexico City and their recommendations, and we met guests who regularly visit The Red Tree House as a destination all on its own! The managers gave us some excellent recommendations for private tours (Bernardo Ortiz at Netouring), restaurants (especially La Capital!) and so much more. We fell in love with Mexico City and staying at The Red Tree House was a big reason why!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JES19702012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We just concluded a family reunion at the Red Tree House. Christmas Eve at the Red Tree was celebrated with a candlelit 3 course dinner...gratis. A remarkable conclusion to an excellent experience. The Red Tree House is truly a home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We came to Mexico City for the first time not quite knowing what to expect- and found a very nice town. All the areas around the hotel to the historic center have felt nice and safe, and quite calm ( it may have been because it was in Christmas week). For being the largest city in the world it really doesn't feel like it.
The hotel has been a jewel of a place, with wonderful rooms, fantastic mexican breakfasts and super service. A place where you meet other travelers and feel at home.
It is a little distance from the center of town, but taxi rides are really cheap and efficient.
We recommend seeing the museum of anthropology and walking in the park.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Spent 5 days here during my visit to Mexico City in late Nov. The four of us were placed in the branch, "La Rama del Árbol", which means we had to walk 1 mins across the road to get help/food/drink/etc. But this was not at all an issue given the services offered by the Red Tree House team. They treasure their guests and did everything to make it a memorable experience - calling guests by name, making fresh and hearty breakfast every morning and even as far as negotiating special terms with the tour operator to make a private tour possible to us. The evening wine part also offered loads of fun.

Needless to say, the room was impeccable. To our surprise, we were given the room featured on La Rama del Árbol site. We shared two bedrooms on the top floor of the building joint by a shared balcony (which is similar to the size of the rooms). This was beyond imagination given the amount we paid for.

Area is quiet and safe. It's a 5-10 mins walk to the nearby Metro station. The front desk (which serves 24h a day) is more than happy to point you to the nearby restaurants!

Thanks to the RTH team for the amazing experience. Thank you Victor for the Spanish classes, Ernesto for making everything work out, Abril for not mad/bark at me after the static shock.... and everyone for making RTH a wonderful place. Check out the other 300-something 5-star reviews and the RTH is definitely something that shouldn't be missed when you are in Mexico City!

P.S. I was told they have plans to turn La Rama del Árbol into a separate B&B... Not sure if I want this to happen but trust the team will keep up the very good work!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank olivia_yeung
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This b and b exceeded all my expectations: amazing owners and staff, all of whom, quickly learned my name, some evenings spent with other guests having a glass of wine and discussing our plans for tomorrow and what we did today. Most interesting guests: everyone was keen to discuss their love of Mexico and where to eat. Lots of excellent restaurants within three blocks. Most of all, thanks to Jorge and Craig, my experience could not have been better. And the breakfasts are pretty amazing; also the art and the ambience.

Room Tip: All the rooms are gorgeous, but if you are single, the Treehouse is amazing.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 19, 2012

There was only availability for one night of my 4 night trip to Mexico City (book early). I arrived Sunday night and the place was beautifully decorated for Christmas. Abril, the dog, was sweet and calm. Luis was so welcoming. He immediately proceeded to help me with my bags up to the Lafayette Suite. More beautiful than the pictures. I was offered a nice cup of tea and made to feel absolutely welcome! I needed to find a place to eat on a Sunday night in Condesa and immediately my hosts offered great suggestions and helpful advice. They helped my guide with directions and even gave him a map. We had a wonderful dinner at Fonda Garufa not far from the Red Tree House thanks to their recommendations. The room was wonderfully clean and beautiful. The quality of the sheets and bedding equals that of great hotels I've stayed at. Sooo soft! I slept soundly. No noise issues to speak of. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and the coffee outstanding. It is true what they say, this place attracts wonderful people. Even though I was a woman traveling alone, I did not feel lonely or uncomfortable. You can engage in friendly conversation or enjoy some quiet time and you will feel right at home. I went for a walk in the morning. Craig was kind enough to point the way and offer suggestions for a stroll. The area is beautiful and very safe. Lots of lovely homes, parks, little cafes, and fountains. Ernesto made sure I had a taxi to take me to the airport on time. The service is exceptional. I am definitely returning to the Red Tree House and will make sure to make my reservations well in advance to ensure availability during all my days on my next trip!

Room Tip: The Lafayette Suite offers a lovely sitting and dining area as well as a nice balcony. Might be a l...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I travel a lot, but I must say that the Red Tree House is absolutely my favorite hotel on the planet and I can't wait to return. I have been traveling to Mexico City on business for the past three years (about 3-4 visits a year), and we always stay at the Red Tree House. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are clean and spacious, the beds are so comfortable, the breakfast is delicious, and the neighborhood can't be beat.

While I could go on and on about how lovely every detail is, because everything is truly impeccable, the entire staff makes this place extraordinary. Jorge, Craig, Ernesto, and Victor make me feel at home and that I'm truly staying with friends. They go above and beyond in making us feel welcome, happy, and comfortable, and it's always such a pleasure catching up with them. The whole experience is truly amazing and unlike any other I have ever had at a hotel or B&B. Their success is much deserved. I couldn't imagine ever staying anywhere else - the RTH alone makes Mexico City a top destination for me!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business