“March 20 - 26 for a family of 5”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 141 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Cleveland, OH
“March 20 - 26 for a family of 5”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

(see below for some specific information about this property after all of the gushing compliments)

Wow...I don't know what to write. I was determined to find something negative to say about this inn, especially since every post below this is so positive. After spending 6 days there all I can come up with is...I wish I had a larger mirror in my room.

This place is truly, truly, truly amazing. It doesn't feel like staying in a hotel (or B&B). It feels like you are staying at a close friend or relative's house. Words cannot describe the warmth and hospitality given by Jorge, the owner. The posts below are 100% accurate about how nice it is to stay here.

So, instead of repeating all of that, I will give some practical information. For more details about the inn, feel free to email me (tripadvisor@vkmsolutions.com) or check out my website at (http://reports.mathewsweb.net) for our trip report which will include specific details about the inn.

We are a family of 5 - two girls ages 12 and 14 and a son age 10. We stayed here March 20th - March 26th, 2008.

Attached to my post are some pictures of the inn. A couple are of my kids dying Easter eggs with Jorge - a custom he wasn't familiar with, but attacked with gusto.

The Red Tree House is two houses in one. The first is the main house and consists of a living room, dining room, bedroom with ensuite bath, two bedrooms with shared baths, and a penthouse (there is also a very small extra bedroom). Behind the main house and separated by a small garden/patio is the garden house. This has two bedrooms on the first floor, and then another two bedrooms on the second and third floors respectively. All bedrooms in the garden house have an ensuite bath. There is a washer/dryer and stove that you can use. A light breakfast is served in the morning (juice, croissants/muffins/bread, fruit, and sometimes eggs or quesadillas). A lovely dog (see pictures) also inhabits the house.

The inn is about a 15min drive away from the airport. Because we were 5, we needed to take a van. The cost was 250 pesos.

Directly across the street is a small store where you can buy soda, water, chips, and ice cream. There is also a pretty fountain a couple of houses away. A grocery store is a 5min walk away.

The nearest metro, Chilpancingo, is a 5-10min walk away.

Chapultepec park is a 20-30min walk away. Park Mexico is a 10 min walk away.

Again, more details and some great stories in my trip report.

Kevin

• Liked — The owner, Jorge
  • Disliked — That we had to leave so soon
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank alyssamma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Finnish first
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2008

What a place to stay. We were in town for a wedding and the owners gave us great hospitality!!! I told them I would give them great recommendations because they made our stay in Mexico City safe, comfortable and just fun!!! We didn't want to leave it was such a great stay. I am usually picky on where I stay but I couldn't find one bad thing about this place. You will not regret staying here...trust me!!!

Thanks again,

John from the Dillon Wedding

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for three nights as part of our 10th anniversary trip to Mexico. This was one of the highlights of our trip. Condesa is a safe, fabulous neighborhood that felt like home right away. Jorge is a great host, and every morning we would chat over coffee. He told us how to get here and there on the Metro, made restaurant recommendations, and generally made our stay really great.

The house itself is beautiful and our room was comfortable, clean, and affordable. There was a nearby grocery store for water and snacks, and we just couldn't have enjoyed this place more.

• Liked — Beatiful property, great staff, great location
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Singer Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2008

If you enjoy staying in a guest house...look no further. This is a beautiful property located in the excellent and coveniently located Condesa neighborhood. The innkeepers, Jorge and Craig, are helpful, warm and hospitable. We shared the lovely two bedroom Penthouse with another couple and loved our stay there! Take a look at their website to view the accomodations: http://www.theredtreehouse.com/index.htm

• Liked — Everything.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank n1cf2
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2008

My wife and I stayed here in April 2007 and it was great. Jorge took care of everything and was very accomodating. Our flight arrived at 4:00 AM and he had a room we could use until ours was ready at 3:00 PM. We felt more like friends of the owner than hotel guests. We enjoyed a wine party with them and good times meeting their friends. I used to live in Col. Roma Sur and the Condesa is much more happening with hip bars and restaurants. We will return to the Red Tree House next time to Mexico City.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2008

For the past 4 years I have been looking for a good, reasonably priced, place to stay in Condesa. Now I have found it!
This is like staying in someone's home and Jorge is an incredibly gracious host. I stayed in one of the two rooms without en suite, but the bathroom was just across the hallway. The room itself was tastefully furnished, with extremely comfortable beds with smart sheets and duvet. There was a TV and DVD player, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to stay inside when there is the whole of Mexico City to explore.
The downstairs living area is a nice place to hang out, chatting with Jorge and friends who drop by. No breakfast is provided, so this is not strictly a B&B, but there was always coffee on the hob and an invitation to put things in the fridge (Whether this will change as the place fills up more I don't know). Abril the dog is a delight, as is Jorge's granny who comes round most weekends.
Construction work at the rear did mean a certain amount of noise, but this should be almost finished by now (Jan 2008), adding several more rooms and a second penthouse.
Condesa is a leafy residential area, quite bohemian, with lots of excellent cafes, restaurants and bars within walking distance, as is the lovely Parque Mexico. It's all very safe and there is a metro station just a short walk away. I'll be back at Red Tree House very soon!

• Liked — Location, agreeable host
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank Londinense
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2008

This was my third trip to Mexico City, but by far the nicest place I stayed. Red Tree House is located in the beautiful and lively Condesa neighborhood -- many wonderful places to eat close by, beautiful parks and tree-lined streets, and safe to walk around in the evening.

Jorge is a wonderful host! Great combination of warmth and privavy. His mother cooked delicious chicken mole for the guests one afternoon. Lots of good advice on where to eat and what to see. I stayed in the penthouse, which is incredibly spacious. Red Tree had only three rooms when I was there in October, but several more are on the way (or may be finished by now). Highly recommended!

• Liked — The perfect location and the great warmth of the owners
  • Disliked — Some construction noise from the rooms they were adding in back, but probably finished by now.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo