“One of my favorite restaurants in Mexico City”
Review of Lampuga Condesa

Lampuga Condesa
Reserve with OpenTable
Lampuga Condesa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 5,219 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Condesa
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Love Lampuga! one of my favorite restaurants. It's simply delicious, with a very nice, straight forward menu, Lampuga delivers every time.
You should try the beef tartar, the mussels and please please ask for the chocolate ganache...absolutely original and awesom.
What I like most about this restaurant is that is not pretentious and you will have a really nice meal with great quality ingredients and great taste.
The one at Polanco is also great. Very nice location and same quality and taste than the one at Condesa.

1  Thank bvilleda

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The restaurant is located in Condesa, a very nice disctrict of Mexico DF.

The main interest of this restaurant is to taste well cooked/prepared fishes. The dishes are really excellent. It is really a smart cooking that they propose.
The restaurant itself is very well designed and every week, there is a concert. We had the chance to assist to one of them and I must say it is a very nice souvenir.

Prices are OK and I will say adapted to the level of service/cooking.

I recommand this restaurant!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

On my recent trip to Mexico City, I found myself in the mood for Seafood. I went to Lampuga on a recommendation from a friend. This was a lunch visit. I was extremely pleased with the taste and presentation of the dishes. And the staff's attention to detail was appreciated. I look forward to my next visit. Money well spent.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I went together with my girlfriend. We liked the setting and the service was awesome for Mexico City standards. It's really unusual this days that any server fulfills your requests, except in more upscale places like Puerto Madero, in Au Pied or the like. We loved that.

We liked that the place looks new and the wood over the restaurant. We didn't like the paper tablecloth as other reviewer said; thou I personally disagree with him that this place food is comparative to TGIF food. It's better than TGI. Anyway, any person that thinks TGIF food is great will think this place is superb.

We ordered a Aguachile appetizer. We think it was small for the price. My gf and I are used to have a shared appetizer. The taste and presentation were good. Our entrées were great: we loved Lampuga and the Salmon. We liked that were served in the right temperature: medium-rare. Entrées were in well-served portions. The flavor of the food in general is good, but not amazing.

We think that if you wish to spend 20% more than in Lampuga you can visit a better and more upscale restaurant like O2 or Puerto Madero.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

nice place in polanco food very good
exelent service