“Indian: Tandoor, Condesa”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Leibnitz
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Newly opened on a quiet corner of the Condesa neighborhood, half block from Parque México and Ecobicis. Impressive lounge downstairs for a drink or massala chai. More modern dining room upstairs (careful with the first half-step on dark stairway). One wing has Indian musicals on LED screen, with decent volume. Good food and sauces/curries, moderate portions. Main dishes about 120-170 pesos. Several dishes marked house or regional specialties. Interesting desserts. Good attention by waiters. Chai didn't surprise me, but then every grandmother must have a different recipe/taste in India. Well worth the visit.

1  Thank Glenn R G

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great food, great environment and great service! The food was excellent and trust me when I say I KNOW Pakistani food but this place was so great. The owner of the restaurant kept coming by every once in a while to make sure we were doing well and enjoying our meal and I must say the Mango Lassi was extraordinary! I loved the old-school Desi mix they had playing as well, they really know how to keep the desi experience in sharp swing. Loved it! Wish there was a branch in Ottawa! Thank you uncle!

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a very good place to est if you are craving indian food and you are in mexico. The service was bad, but the food really good. Mexico doesnt hace good indian places and this one is a very good one to eat!! I would come back again but with a lot of patience!

1  Thank Ronwarman
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just went there last week by Mistake.
We were actually walking to a different Indian Restaurant and didn't find it.
We hopped in a Cab and ended up here at Tandoor.
The ambiance is very indian and classy.
After ordering some of their popular dishes we realized that the food was not great, just decent.
We know amazing real Indian food as we are indian.
The prices were average to high but the portions were small.
The naan is not Real naan...it's a mexican tortilla trying to look like real naan.
No regrets just would not go there again.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Let's start with the facts....there are few Indian restaurants in Mexico. I've eaten in all of them that I know of, and I believe there are no Indian restaurants outside of D.F. By far, Tandoor is the best, and I've eaten there maybe 15 times. No, maybe the food is not that of a 5 star Indian restaurant, but it's nonetheless quite good, and I haven't encountered the bad service mentioned elsewhere. It sits on a corner with windows that look out into the pleasant neighborhood called Nueva Anzures. Go with an open mind and I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's a good place.

2  Thank mirthfully