“A Must Do, Just Don't Do Everything”

Bellini Restaurante Giratorio
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellini Restaurante Giratorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #340 of 5,219 Restaurants in Mexico City
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Insurgentes Sur
Transit: Metrobus Poliforum
Description: The only revolving restaurant in Mexico and the biggest in the world according to the Guinness Book of World Records. The best view of Mexico City.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I really enjoyed my visit to this restaurant. It really comes down to the view which is spectacular, airplanes flying by the windows, mountains, the city, just amazing plus it is the 2nd tallest building in Mexico City and the tallest you can go up and the restaurant is the Largest Revolving Restaurant in the World. OK, so I decided to dine there as well. The prices do not at all reflect what you get. I suppose it would only be fair to say they are trying real hard to be a 5 star restaurant but they just haven't got it right yet. The food was good, a lobster bisque soup was excellent and the prime rib was very good but failed miserably in the trimming department. Fully 25% of my cut was not to be consumed. The Yorkshire Pudding was a 2 out of 10 and nothing special to round out my plate. I could easily have had twice the meal for half the money 45 stories below at numerous places throughout the city BUT no where can give you what you went there for in the first place, the view. So have a bite before you go there and then have a couple of drinks and enjoy the view. They do offer 15% off to anyone who has a Ticket Master Stub or an Interjet Ticket but they dont tell you about it. I had both types of tickets sitting in plain view on my table but the waiter chose not to inform me and I only noticed a sign in the lobby when i was leaving and had already paid. I think we all recognize that would be considered too late in Mexico. Service was very polite and particular as would be a 5 star restaurant but lacked attentiveness as I was always struggling to get someones attention. Just a little fine tuning, in several areas, and this place will be a world class dining establishment. Loose the mandatory 15% tip...it takes away the waiters incentive to try a little harder and should I be dissatisfied with the service I should maintain my right to shorten up the tip. No where do I want to see a tip filled out for me when the check arrives.

1  Thank BeachMule
Write a ReviewReviews (1,307)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The view worths the visit. I arrived 5pm and left 8pm, so I could see the city with day light and at night. Great view of a wonderful city. Food and service are regular for those prices. A good option from the menu is a 30 usd tasting menu.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a turning restaurant on the top of the WTC, great view of the city, but food and service suck. However, the view makes it worth a visit for drinks.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I guess my title summarises exactly my experience. For that price and kind of classy restaurant I would have expected better service and food. Staff made me feel like I should be rushing to finish and the food was average, nothing special. Of course you get a good view of the city from the turning restaurant. I found another, much better and cheaper restaurant in my Hotel, less than a block away.

1  Thank jpllanos
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It's pretty funny really how bad the food is at this restaurant. However, the staff are super friendly and attentive, and the view is incredible. You really should go before the sun sets and take in the spectacular view. Have drinks. I have great memories of Windows on The World in the NYC World Trade Center. You'll be missing out on a great memory if you don't visit this restaurant while in Mexico City. However, don't complain about the food. If you have read the bad reviews, you have ample forewarning. Some examples: The frois gras is served cold and more like goose pate with pita bread... good for USD$5-10 but really awful for the USD $40 it costs. Chicken liver spread at a New York deli with Saltines is better. The escargot were ok...just a little bland. The "Canadian" lobster (that just means a "Maine" lobster that depatriated and moved to Canada) was raw. If you order it, tell them to weigh it and boil it for 12 minutes per pound...even Red Lobster can't screw up a lobster..so I'm a little surprised they did for USD$100. The Caesar salad was good. They make it table-side with raw egg and anchovies like they used to do in the US twenty years ago before those people in New Jersey died of Salmonella, and the it was outlawed. Decide for yourself if this is a bad or good review...but bottom line is you should go. The staff are great. The view is not to be missed, and if you drink heavily, you'll just laugh at the bad food.

1  Thank miami33029