“Great sea food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Condesa
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Located in La Condesa , this is a must for every tourist. Great food, great ambience, after having lunch you can always visit "La glorieta de los Cibeles":

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Living 1 block from Contramar and I finally had lunch there with an friend from Chicago. It's a buzzing kind of place on a Saturday. We started with an order of ceviche, which my friend enjoyed, but I didn't. My 'atun de Contramar' was fine, cooked nicely (medium), but it was the only thing on the plate. NO side and it looked lonely. Our white wine was fantastic though, from Argentina's Mendoza region. My friends four different tacos turned out to be 5 and he reported them as tasty. All in all, an average meal, but the price was very reasonable.

So, I have a question; why don't waiters thank their customers at restaurants when they receive a tip. THEY ARE TOO FORMAL AND NEVER SAY THANKS. I'M TEMPTED TO NOT TIP AT ALL; THE WAITERS NEVER SAY THANKS. ARE THEY JUST TOO 'FRESA' TO SAY A LITTLE WORD LIKE 'THANKS?' BUGS THE %$#& OUT OF ME. I've lived in DF for years and its the same everywhere............

1  Thank Alan V
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We sat outside on a lovely warm spring Mexico City day. Great for watching all the elegant people stroll by. Even though the place gets crowded, we didnt feel rushed at all. The staff was friendly, caring and professional. Everything we ate was filled with flavor. Of course we had the raw tuna tostadas. And we shared the fish special -- half rubbed with hot, lively red adobo; half rubbed with cool, refreshing parsley and other herbs. It was heaven. The lemonade was the most refreshing Ive ever had. And then ... the sweet fig tart ... with an amazing cappucino. I wish I could go back tomorrow.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were there in semana santa, beautiful sunny day and we got a table outside. We had the ceviche, aguachile, fish tacos, caldo de camaron, tostadas, mezcal coktail... everything was amazing!
Great service, kid friendly, just perfect!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Tostados de atun. I could eat them forever: sashimi qualty tuna, chipotle mayo, avocado and crispy onion. Helpful staff, nice ceviche, good fish but those tostados stood out - world class.