“Excellent”

Neighborhood: Condesa
Cross street: Michoacan & Laredo
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic service, food and ambiance.

Azul Condesa is a great place to try a different less traditional approach to standard Mexican fare.

1 Thank METRUN360

Miami Beach, Florida
“Delicate, well balanced flavors”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Entering alone without a reservation early on a Wednesday evening, I was able to get one of the last remaining unreserved tables. My satisfying meal began with a cucumber margarita that was refreshing if just a little light on the tequila. It served as a good accompaniment to my cream of cilantro soup garnished with almonds. The waiter helped me choose my main course of grilled fish atop a thin slice of platano maduro, covered in haas avocado and topped with delicate red chile sauce. With each bite I became more and more aware of just how special this dish was. The delicate sweetness of the banana mixed with the blunt punch of the non-spicy chile, neutralized by the perfectly cooked fish and avocado made for one of the most delicate and well balanced meals I have had in a long time. If I had had room for more, I would have ordered the tres leches cake afterwards.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gina M
“Very good High Mexican Cuisine”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had always wanted to go to this place but it was always fully booked. This time I was lucky and went with a friend. The experience was great, as we attended during the "Chiles en Nogada" season, which is the special plate that is prepared by most Mexican restaurants in August-September. Besides the other dishes, which were pretty good, I was amazed by the extensive menu of "Chiles en Nogada", prepared either in the traditional style (Puebla) or the other variations (Jalisco, Oaxaca, etc.). A wonderful experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jcgs1968
San Leandro, California
“Excellent service, but I expected more of the food.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The four stars is an average rating. We had a lovely evening at Azul. The service was exceptional and the atmosphere was romantic and wonderful. The cocktails were delicious. The food was good, but not exceptional. We both had the chiles en nogada special. It was good, but not the level that I expected. Saying this, we will return on another trip and try additional menu items.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jeanpr
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“With Azul's rotation of guest chefs you will always find something new for you”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

With Azul's rotation of guest chefs you will always find something new for you to try when living or visiting Mexico City frequently. Award winning guest Chef Ricardo Munoz Zurita provided pleasure for our tastes. He had a menu full of mushroom specialties to go along with the standard menu from Azul Condesa. We had appetizers, which were cochinita pibil and sopes de hongos. For our mains we had enchiladas de mole negro and filet de Robal al mojo de ago ligero. We also ordered a wonderful L.A. Cetto Boutique's Sangiovese 2007. This is my second time visiting Azul Condesa and I have made it a point to visit every time I come to Mexico City. I am sure once you come, you too will make this visit a ritual.

• Visited September 2013