“When you want Vegetarian, this is it! Best salad and Vegetarian Buffet!”
Review of Yug

Yug
Ranked #386 of 4,315 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Reforma / Zona Rosa
Ajijic, Mexico
“When you want Vegetarian, this is it! Best salad and Vegetarian Buffet!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been craving a good salad since I arrived in DF 3 weeks ago, and voila...this is THE place to go! They have a regular menu for the restaurant downstairs, but I opted for the buffet upstairs. I'm glad I did, although next visit I will try the regular menu, since it looked excellent as well. I enjoyed my salad, and sat in a very pleasant room, with Indian or Nepali pictures on the walls, and a rather meditative environment...very nice. This restaurant is located just one block off the Paseo de La Reforma so it's very convenient. I had a wonderful fruit salad, and several hot dishes, all made very well, and very tasty and flavorful. As I recall the buffet is about 82 pesos. Very nice! I'm looking forward to my next visit. Info from their website:

The Address of Yug Restaurant is:
Varsovia 3-b
Col. Juarez
México D.F.
tels. 55 25 53 30 y 55 33 32 96
Is one block from Angel de la Independencia almost at the cornerr with Paseo de la Reforma.
Hours: Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm
saturday and Sunday from 8:30 am to 8:00 pm

• Visited October 2012

“Very dull food.”
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Wasn't impressed at all by the food here. The salads were very uninspiring, the quesadilla I ordered was supposed to come with stuffed squash flowers but in reality only came with cheese. The service was slow and indifferent. I really expected better. If you're vegetarian, avoid the vegetarian restaurants in DF. Go to a good restaurant and get the vegetarian option instead - it's usually better.

1 Thank kiwicritic28
Austin, Texas
“Attention vegetarians”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Since I was traveling with a vegetarian, it was helpful to find out about decent vegetarian places we could agree on.

Yug was fresh and good, with plenty of options and reasonably priced.

They also had very good breads and good licuado/fresh juice options.

Visited August 2012
Ciudad de México, México
“The Best Esoteric Book Store in Mexico City”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

For many years I have been able to find many interesting books and esoteric items to enlighten my life.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank LeColoniale
Ajijic, Mexico
“Average”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Went for breakfast on a recent visit to La Ciudad. We were served day old bread which we all agreed was closer to cardboard than bread. Food was just okay. The best I could say is that it was vegetarian, but know other places offer vegetarian dishes that surpass those offered here.

• Visited May 2012