“One of the very best, not only in Mexico City, but worldwide”
Review of Pujol

Pujol
Reserve with OpenTable
Pujol is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 5,357 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Polanco
Cross street: Horacio
Transit: Metro Polanco
Description: Once again featured on the San Pellegrino list of the "World's 50 Finest Restaurants"—and moving up thirteen spots to number 36—Pujol is Chef Enrique Olvera's extraordinary personal approach to Mexican cuisine, famed for reinvention and ongoing perfectionism, where tradition and contemporary gastronomy live side by side as expressed in culinary techniques both ancient and modern. Using both imagination and delicacy, Olvera recombines Mexico's nearly infinite ingredients and flavors, demonstrating an extraordinary food culture's potential in obsessive detail.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We live in Mexico City which, fortunately, can boast of many excellent restaurants. On April 20th, just ten days ago, my daughter and her husband (who live in New York) and my son and his wife (who live in Berlin) came to visit us for my 80th birthday. Among other celebrations they invited us (my wife and me) for dinner at Pujol restaurant. It was an unforgetable culinary experience, where the delicate flavours of every dish of a two-hour "degustation menu" went "in crescendo". Absolutely delightful. No wonder the pretigious british magazine "Restaurant" yesterday classified it in 17th place among the "50 best in the world", up 19 places from last year's evaluation.
The six of us ordered the degustation menu and none of us had the slightest complaint, just praises. Te personnel was highly trained, very courteous. The tableware was most adequate for every dish; even thinking hard, there was no aspect I can find to criticize. To be amply, completely recommended.
Incidentally, and this has nothing to do with the restaurant, today is our 43rd wedding anniversary. (Sorry, couldn't help mentioning it.)

4  Thank Schaechter J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,885)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great creativity of this chef using Mexican ingredients and creating the most amazing dishes. Chef Enrique Olvera uses ingredients that have been part of Mexican cusine for hundreds of years and modernizes the dishes such as combining Huitlacoche ( a type of Mexican black corn truffle ) with Tamales. His tortillas are also the best that I have ever tried!!! So, definitely recommend the dishes that have some type of tacos

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Six of us went to Pujol at the end of March. We all live in Mexico and have travelled all over the world.
The experience at Pujol was nothing but perfect. From the time we entered and were welcomed in to the time we left.
We chose the tasting menu with 5 items, every course was better than the last.
The small corn served in a container with coffee mayo and ant dust was incredible, the small appetizer of carpacio of avocado was excellent and the corn hust consomme was also very good.
The "ancas de rana" frogs legs with sauces were excellent, the steak tartar had its own twist but excellent.
The pork confit was delicious and incredible.
The cheese plate and the avocado mousse were also excellent.

The wine list is fabulous also with a wine cellar on location.
Upon leaving we were offered a home made chocalate (we would have eaten a dozen of them, they were so gooooood).
Al in all a fabulous experienxce and a dinner we will not forget soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The food at Pujol was fantastic, innovative, and interesting: a Mexican twist on the nouveau cuisine tasting menu. Sadly, as the meal progressed, the service declined. While our waitress and the host were extremely attentive early on, as the restaurant filled up we were largely neglected and drink refills took as long as two full courses to arrive.

This meal was one I had been looking forward to for months and that I had been saving my pennies for, so I was really let down when the service declined.

1  Thank FullPassportTeach
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Pujol is just starting to get the recognition it deserves. We went in December 2012 and I've been meaning to write a detailed review with pictures since. It's a place for foodies. I hoped it would be good but I didn't realise how good.

I've failed to write the big review and I've only been once so I can't promise consistency. But on that one occasion, it was awesome - well worth a detour and a good extra reason to go to Mexico City.

The tasting menu showed all the skills one seeks - interesting flavours, variation of tastes and textures, just yummy.

The service is professional; the atmosphere is great; the wine list offers something for all wallets - including surprisingly good Mexican wines.

The only thing that falls short of the best restaurants in Paris and London is the price. Viva Pujol!

5  Thank Less_is_more2