“expected too much ?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pujol

Pujol
Reserve with OpenTable
Pujol is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,170 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Polanco
Cross street: Horacio
Transit: Metro Polanco
Description: Once again featured on the San Pellegrino list of the "World's 50 Finest Restaurants"—and moving up thirteen spots to number 36—Pujol is Chef Enrique Olvera's extraordinary personal approach to Mexican cuisine, famed for reinvention and ongoing perfectionism, where tradition and contemporary gastronomy live side by side as expressed in culinary techniques both ancient and modern. Using both imagination and delicacy, Olvera recombines Mexico's nearly infinite ingredients and flavors, demonstrating an extraordinary food culture's potential in obsessive detail.
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“expected too much ?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We ate at Biko the night before and had an amazing meal so we were expecting a similar quality, especially after reading recent reviews. But, we were disappointed, the food was good but not great, some dishes seemed style over substance. We were also rushed through the meal ,less than 2 hours, coffee coming while we were still eating desert. They forgot to bring the red wine as requested during the meal and didn't even ask if we wanted desert wine. The atmosphere was less pleasant and the waiting staff offhand
I'm not sure why this restaurant is in the top 50

• Visited August 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Queretaro City, Mexico
“Great place for a delicious meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Im sitting at a wonderful restaurant rated 36 out of 50 best restaurants in the world (pelegrino list).
The service is like watching a musical... Everything at the right time. The food is carefully prepared and served just perfect. The ambiance is a little quiet for my taste, but most people like to enjoy themselves (hard to fine by yourself in this place... it is inviting to enjoy you dinner with a good friend or a lived one). I recommended 100%. After working in the hospitality industry for 10 years, this is just wonderful. Best service ever!
Enjoy

1 Thank Carlos R
Chihuahua
“Defintevly one of the best contemporRy mexican food restaurant. Memorable food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

With two options for food menu, the chef selection of each step takes you through a combination of textures and flavors of the mexican food. Combining traditional mexican plates with international ingredients, each plate it's a rediscovery of the mexican cousine. The wine list is impressive and you will not be disappointed if you foloow the sommelier's advice. It is worth the waiting to find a reservation through your stay in Mexico City.

Bloomington, Indiana
“Seafood tasting menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Ate at Pujol in the afternoon on a business day. Although I was solo, I was given a table on the wall so that my view included the whole room. The experience is amazing, everything about the restaurant seems to be "just right". I opted for the seafood tasting menu which I accompanied with a very nice and not too pricey sauvignon blanc (nice touch--the server recorked the remaining wine and put it in a nice shopping bag when I left). The food, presentation, and service were all perfect. I want to return with family and friends. Although expensive, one receives very good value.

• Visited July 2012
Mexico City
“A unique approach to mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

The first time I went to Pujol was for a business lunch, I didn’t know anything about Enrique Olvera or Pujol then. The restaurant is small, the ambience is simple and elegant at the same time. I ordered pork from the menu, the dish had good flavor and I was surprised by the great and friendly service. Then I went to celebrate my birthday. They offered me the tasting menu so that “I could get to know the chef” and I went for it. The experience was great. I still remember the “flor de calabaza capuchino” (golden squash blossom cappuccino). It was just amazing. The service was very attentive, however, it was not as friendly as the first time. This was five years ago.

Last month I went back to celebrate my sister’s birthday. The interior decoration has changed although it keeps the mininimalist approach. The menu has changed too, this time there were only two options, the land or sea tasting menu.

I ordered the land menu and it was very good. The lamb taco was excellent, the flavor and the meat was so, so tender… it almost melted in my mouth. The tuétano tamal was very good too, the queso cotija provided a great touch. The portions on the tasting menu, as usual, were very small. I wished I could have more! The service was as great and friendly as I remembered from the first time.

I think going to Pujol it’s about the flavor of the food sure, but the presentation and originality of the dishes are also a big part. It’s very helpful to have tried mexican food before to better understand what the chef is doing, but the whole experience is enjoyable anyhow.

• Visited July 2012