“Sugary deliciousness”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Centro Historico
Reviewed May 12, 2013

El Moro is a Mexico city tradition, I only managed to visit once on my trip to Mexico city but now wish I had been many more times!

Order your hot chocolate from a number of different styles (Mexican, Spanish, French, Special) .. a standard order comes with 4 fresh, hot delicious, cinnamon-y churros which you then dip into your hot chocolate.

Open 24 hours, always busy so you know its good, and you can even watch them making the churros as you enter through the door.

I would definitely go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

this is a local store and you must take care when ordering and paying your meals...the product is local and so is the water...ask in advance for the preparations

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place is as busy as a bee hive and it's no wonder why. The churros here are amazing! After a full day of touring the city, my grandmother took me here for the delicious combo of 'churros y chocolate especial.' The last time she came here was in the 1970's! She said it's just like before. That's amazing to keep a consistent recipe for so many years. I'd say this is a must for dessert lovers.

2  Thank Ricky M
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The place never closes, even during the strongest earthquakes. The churros is the main reason to go. They are always made a few minutes before consumption. Price is extremely low. You can sit down and enjoy an order of them with a hot chocolate or you can just pay for them and leave. I recommend you see how they use scissors to cut them!

1  Thank MPM_WORLDWIDE
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very good churros and hot chocolate, but as I'm used to having it in Spain, I ordered the Espanol. Too sweet! My throat burned. Next time I go back (and there will be a next time) I will order the one they call "amaro" - bitter - instead.