“Overpriced ordinary food!”
Review of Au Pied de Cochon

Au Pied de Cochon
Reserve with OpenTable
Au Pied de Cochon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 4,903 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Polanco
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Nothing french about this restaurant except for its prices on the menu! Avoid. Food wasn't great. Service is good though.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

There were a lot of things wrong with this restaurant although the food was fairly good, yet over priced.
First, the service is overbearing. Jus too much of it, yet it is still very slow. You get a lot of attention, but nobody is empowered to solve your problem. Don't ask for another glass of wine from the waiter, he's not allowed to bring it. Only the wine steward because only he has the key to the wine cellar. And I was drinking the cheapest local wine, mind you. So anticipate your needs.
Secondly the lighting. Way to bright. Lights literally glaring and reflecting off your table, off the menu, off the walls.
Add to this the euro jazzy music played way too loud.
Not a good atmosphere at all.
My salmon was ok but you really can screw up salmon. But my friends highly touted French fries were cold. Everything is served with such reverence that you think it was the last supper. I wasn't buying the drama.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Good effort to look like a Paris bistrot, but obviously not like the real 'Pied de Cochon'.
I gave the ;Pied' a try and it was delicious. You better know what you started. It comes as a complete pig's foot and has a lot of fat around it, but strip all the fat and the meat left is dry, succulent and delicious.
Service was a bit slow.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband loves this restaurant located in the Polanco district of Mexico City. I have eaten there 5 times and I always feel as if I am in Paris. Fresh oysters!!!!! Excellent service. A few months ago, I took a friend who was visiting from Canada. We were the first arrivals but by the time we finished (we took our time enjoying the meal) Au Pied was full!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Tasty...good meat. Favorite restaurant of a friend of us...

Nothing to complain about...( I did not get the bill..I bet it was not inexpensive).