“Overated”
Review of Au Pied de Cochon

Au Pied de Cochon
Reserve with OpenTable
Au Pied de Cochon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 4,802 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Polanco
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I accidentally eaten here while I was a guest at Intercontinental Presidente. I had no idea it was well known and highly recommended. The service is perfect but the food is ordinary. It's too expensive for the food it offers.

1  Thank chardecara

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We decided to eat here rather than The Palm and were not disappointed. Our best meal in Mexico City and probably top service even with the restos we have hit in Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, etc
We had the beef tartare to start. Perfect seasoning.
I had the scallops and risotto. Perfect risotto and the scallops were cooked to perfection
My husband had the suckling pig .. out of this world
We shared the sampler dessert which was perfection.
Wine selection is the best I have ever seen and the sommelier knows his stuff

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was one of the best meals we had in our trip to Mexico! The service was excellent, the food was excellent and the wine list, desserts, everything! I am glad we went there on our last night at the Intercontinental as we were originally looking for other restaurants outside the hotel but when we saw the really good reviews it had on Trip Advisor we decided to give it a go. And we didn't regret it. If you like French food, you should try it.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had previously visited here for business breakfast/ lunches/ dinners and didn't like how the place was packed and noisy. This time, we went for an early personal lunch (well, normal lunch at 12ish, but early for Mexican 2pm) and it was much more enjoyable. The wait staff was sleepy at first, probably those who were from the busy breakfast shift, but the service level and pace picked up later.

For starters, we had escargot (very tender) and soupe de poisson (delicious). We then moved on to duck confit and slow roasted lamb leg for mains, both of which were excellent. The only disappointment was dessert, strawberry gazpacho, which was too sweet for our taste.

Definitely a more enjoyable experience when you're not here for work!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

For me the most authentic French restaurant in Mexico. The place allows for Bistro kitchen and atmosphere as well for fine French haute cuisine, we enjoyed various business lunches and would return for the excellent taste and atmosphere.