“Good Italian restaurant”
Review of Alfredo di Roma

Alfredo di Roma
Reserve with OpenTable
Alfredo di Roma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 4,520 Restaurants in Mexico City
Transit: Arquimedes
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good Italian restaurant”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Good Italian restaurant located inside Intercontinental Hotel.
It is one of the best Italian restaurants in Mexico city. Tasteful menu with assorted options.
Good appetizers, main dish and wonderful desserts.
Its wine list is very specific and presents many options.

Visited May 2014

Mexico
“A piece of Rome in México City”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This fine restaurant is located inside the Intercontiental Hotel in Polanco, one of the best zones for eating out. My wife and I wanted to have a nice italian dinner before goind to the teather, and this place certainly delivers. The restaruant is above the lobby and some tables have a view of it. It is finely decorated with modern italian style.
Service is very good, everyone is very professional and attentive to the customer needs. The Menu is a bit pricey but the quality of the food is worth it. They charge you for the seating and that includes olives and a really tasty parmesan cheese. For entree I ordered the frito de calamari, delicious mix of panfried squids, shrimps, carrots. Lasagna is really good too. I had the salted Huachinango and was not very impressive but my wife´s Salmon was really good, weel cooked and nicely decorated. I recommend it too. The sommelier helped me choose a fine pinot grigio. I would recommend this place for a romantic or family dinner. As I said, it is a bit expensive but is the average for Polanco´s restautants.

• Visited April 2014
Sao Paulo
“more than just a great fettuccine”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Inside of InterContinental Presidente you have this wonderful restaurant, which has such a big and impressive wine list, great service and really, the food is delicious.I had one of the specials, the chilean seabass, and it was amazing, flavour and presentation were just right. I wanted to also try the famous and legendary fettucine of course, and the waiter nicely prepared me a small plate of it, since I was already having the fish dish. Also, do not miss the prosciutto and the buratta starters. Divine.

• Visited January 2014
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“A Very Merry Christmas”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

To put our review in perspective, we have lived full time in Mexico for 10 years, speak Spanish, and have been to many restaurants in Mexico City and throughout Mexico. Alfredo di Roma is highly touted and it delivers. We were there for Christmas Day dinner. The ambiance and service are terrific, and the wine list one of the most extensive we have ever seen – and they even had a bottle we could afford! The Frito Mixto de Calamar (fried calamari) was the best we have ever had, even including Half Moon Bay, CA, and Nice, France. My wife had a plate with three pastas and she said it was terrific. I had salmon and it too was great.

Here is a side story. We were spending three nights during Christmas (Dec. 23-26) at the nearby Las Alcobas Mexico boutique hotel (which in a separate review we express our displeasure). We had made all of our dinner reservations for the Polanco area before we arrived, researching on TripAdvisor. At Las Alcobas, they asked us where we were going for Christmas dinner and when we told them, the “specialist” tried to talk us out of it, contending that it was not that good when she was last there. Moral of the story – if you find a quality restaurant in a hotel that you are not staying in, by all means go, and rely on your own research, not the bias of a perhaps a competing hotelier.

• Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful food, Service good be better”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We went here our first night in Mexico City. It is one of the many restaurants in the Hotel El Presidente. The menu offered many selections, house specialties are in red ink. The portions are normal size, and the quality quite good. The service was a bit off. I ordered a glass of red wine as soon as we sat down and it took 15 minutes to get it because I ordered from the waiter, who then passed it on to another waiter, who then passed it off to someone else...also, a pet peeve of mine, when dining with another person, is when the bus boy is hovering, waiting to pick up the first plate. I finished first, but since my companion was still eating, I asked them to wait to take the plates. This didn't sit well with the bus boy who then just left my plate even after taking my companion's plate. I thought it was funny as well when getting the check that the comment card was PRE-filled giving he restaurant high marks....hmmm. It is on the pricey side. It was $100 for two of us (one salad, two glasses wine, two entrees, two waters). They charge for the setting as well..

Visited November 2013